Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

In the sphere of community politics and activism: People who offer unsolicited advice but never volunteer. I mean, advice can be good, I guess. But it drives me crazy when people want you to listen for hours to their big ideas to transform and improve everything, but when it actually comes to starting the community veggie garden, or beginning some clean-up effort, or trying to get new voters engaged, etc etc. the big idea people vanish.

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

In the sphere of community politics and activism: People who offer unsolicited advice but never volunteer. I mean, advice can be good, I guess. But it drives me crazy when people want you to listen for hours to their big ideas to transform and improve everything, but when it actually comes to starting the community veggie garden, or beginning some clean-up effort, or trying to get new voters engaged, etc etc. the big idea people vanish.

I image that is the same in most first world countries

• Like 1

There's a very small, amateurish podcast I listen to that has a fairly irregular release schedule - maybe 6 episodes a year at best usually. No big deal, I like listening to it when an episode comes around.

Over the last year though the host has taken to sparking up a joint while hosting, and it's really annoying. You can hear the lighter, the inhale, the hoarse breathless dopey tone when he's had to speak just after a draw on it, the exhale over the mic... It kinda ruins it. And given it's so irregular, and they being basically just a few guys recording a hangout call with very simple kit, it's much worse than it might be otherwise.

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's a very small, amateurish podcast I listen to that has a fairly irregular release schedule - maybe 6 episodes a year at best usually. No big deal, I like listening to it when an episode comes around.

Over the last year though the host has taken to sparking up a joint while hosting, and it's really annoying. You can hear the lighter, the inhale, the hoarse breathless dopey tone when he's had to speak just after a draw on it, the exhale over the mic... It kinda ruins it. And given it's so irregular, and they being basically just a few guys recording a hangout call with very simple kit, it's much worse than it might be otherwise.

_103330503_musk3.jpg

12 hours ago, NorthernGordon said:

Dubstep music. 

I love reggae and don't mind some techno but Dubstep is a bastardisation hybrid of both for people who are proper mashed up on strong weed. 

over-my-head-the-simpsons.gif

I got a ticket for my mate yesterday but it was a few rows behind me as no seats available by mine. One row in front of me a few seats to the left there were 4 empty seats so obviously some season ticket holders didn’t bother coming or bother reselling. So at half time I though me and my mate could move there so sit together. Elderly gentlemen behind that row was not happy at all and had a proper go at us. So we had to move back to our normal seats. 

i was fuming. It was literally a row in front of where I sit all the time.   If the season ticket holders that didn’t come put them on resale I would have happily moved my seat there and bought the other. 

Was I in the wrong?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got a ticket for my mate yesterday but it was a few rows behind me as no seats available by mine. One row in front of me a few seats to the left there were 4 empty seats so obviously some season ticket holders didn’t bother coming or bother reselling. So at half time I though me and my mate could move there so sit together. Elderly gentlemen behind that row was not happy at all and had a proper go at us. So we had to move back to our normal seats. 

i was fuming. I was literally a row in front of where I sit all the time.   If the season ticket holders that didn’t come put them on resale I would have happily moved my seat there and bought the other. 

Was I in the wrong?

I’m gonna guess it was because you had ruined his previously uninterrupted view of the pitch. Was everyone standing the entire game by any chance?

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure what his problem would be then. I’d have told him to call the police

Well he said you haven’t paid for that seat so you can’t sit there. I guess if we ignored him he would have told a steward. 

Anyway that moment aside a very enjoyable game :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure what his problem would be then. I’d have told him to call the police

He'd probably just have called the stewards who would have had to make them move back to their ticketed seats anyway. Not worth the hassle, someone being an arsehole just ruins the whole game.

I think my last game at VP was when we thrashed Liverpool's kids when they had to play the youth against us because of the two games on the same day palaver. Sat in the upper holte about half way up, with my partner for her first game in the holte end and managed to get seats in front of half a dozen miserable old words removed who were the only people who wanted to stay sat down even during the goals. Ruined every goal knowing I was either going to need to sit on my hands or have another row. It's not the only reason we haven't been back, but our last game being full of aggro with that bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough has certainly played a part.

The one redeeming part of that night was of those clearings in the woods leaving 5 minutes early and the venom in their eyes when I shouted at them to sit down and stop ruining everyone's view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He'd probably just have called the stewards who would have had to make them move back to their ticketed seats anyway. Not worth the hassle, someone being an arsehole just ruins the whole game.

I think my last game at VP was when we thrashed Liverpool's kids when they had to play the youth against us because of the two games on the same day palaver. Sat in the upper holte about half way up, with my partner for her first game in the holte end and managed to get seats in front of half a dozen miserable old words removed who were the only people who wanted to stay sat down even during the goals. Ruined every goal knowing I was either going to need to sit on my hands or have another row. It's not the only reason we haven't been back, but our last game being full of aggro with that bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough has certainly played a part.

The one redeeming part of that night was of those clearings in the woods leaving 5 minutes early and the venom in their eyes when I shouted at them to sit down and stop ruining everyone's view.

I’ve taken my lad a few times where people in the holte lower stand for the entire game. Youngsters have no chance at all of seeing what’s going on.

I keep forgetting this problem when selecting where to sit

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve taken my lad a few times where people in the holte lower stand for the entire game. Youngsters have no chance at all of seeing what’s going on.

I keep forgetting this problem when selecting where to sit

Yeah I'm sympathetic to people who just want to use the seat they paid for even if I prefer standing, and when I've sat in the Trinity or Witton Lane I sit except when everyone else stands. You have to expect to go along with what the majority is doing in that area. In the Upper bloody Holte though? Boiled my piss - and again, I was standing when the people in front of my were, but constantly on edge I was going to need to deal with those Representatives for Wellingborough again. Ultimately if you want to sit down for 90 minutes it's **** stupid to buy tickets in the Upper Holte

The sooner we have safe standing sections to let everyone pick, the better

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why do people say 'Not gonna lie', constantly and in the strangest circumstances?

Not gonna lie, I just ate my lunch, not gonna lie, I like dogs etc 

I'm not racist, but I do say this more often than I should.

Â