Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Just speaking with the missus & we are talking about a woman at her work in her 50's who earns circa £80k per year and represents the large company she works for to the general public. She is also head of her department & yet she rocks up in filthy dirty white Matalan trainers every day! 

She's frugal! I like it. 

People who leave a room and don’t close the door after them. Or at least pull it to. 

My ex (who I still live with don’t know what to call her) does it all the time. Leaves the lounge and goes to bed but leaves the lounge door wide open. 

And what’s more annoying is she doesn’t understand why it bothers me, so she’s completely unapologetic. 

Close the **** door! That’s what it’s for

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People who leave a room and don’t close the door after them. Or at least pull it to. 

My ex (who I still live with don’t know what to call her) does it all the time. Leaves the lounge and goes to bed but leaves the lounge door wide open. 

And what’s more annoying is she doesn’t understand why it bothers me, so she’s completely unapologetic. 

I'm torn on this. I'll close some doors (bathroom, en-suite, spare room) but never other ones (lounge or main bedroom).

I do live on my own so I guess it bothers no-one :)

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In our entire house the only doors closed are my daughter's room and bathrooms when in use. Never shut doors. No reason to really. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Fishing?

People fish all day catch a fish (maybe) then put it back.

You should try it. It's so easy to get hooked. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

You should try it. It's so easy to get hooked. 

You are making a rod for your own back. 

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My ex (who I still live with don’t know what to call her)

Ah, your whateverishouldcallhernow. 

I have one of those, too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd argue that a door is there to give you the option to have it open or closed

I’ll be more specific. 

We are in the lounge. The door is closed. She leaves to go to bed, and leaves the door open when she leaves

I think the only time I properly close an internal door is when I have guests over and need to use the toilet. And that involves rounding up the cats to take them in with me, because it's better to have two dickheads sat on the bath watching than it is having them clawing at the door and ripping the carpet up wanting to know what I'm hiding. Bastards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In our entire house the only doors closed are my daughter's room and bathrooms when in use. Never shut doors. No reason to really. 

absolute perverts

• Haha 2

On this doors thing.... I do remember an ex who had this weird obsession with blocking every doorway in the house, also the stairs. Always but always left stuff cluttering the stairs despite me pointing out it was actually dangerous on a countless number of occasions. The door thing was just weird though. Always stuff shoved behind every one in the house so as you couldn't open them fully. Used to do my head in. Must be something psychological in it somewhere?!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll be more specific. 

We are in the lounge. The door is closed. She leaves to go to bed, and leaves the door open when she leaves

Sound like she’s shellfish.

Â