Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

In the old days we would have jumped at the chance of inviting a female. One of us lads would probably have ended up s******ing her at the end of the night after a few beers. 😂

Not now though obviously, with political correctness and not taking advantage of the lone women, blah blah blah............

Wow. What a post. At least your it suits your username (mentally that is). 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it was @Stevo985 (apologies if not) who mentioned someone slipping in to Americanisms and then apologising, when they’d been there 7 minutes.

Well, today in the motorway services the guy in front of me - wearing a Man City shirt, was asked a question by the person at the coffee shop and his answer was ‘Si, oh sorry, I’m speaking Spanish, I’ve just come back from Madrid and I’ve still got Spanish in my head’.

Then when asked to pay for his coffee, he plonked some notes on the counter, and then said, ‘oh sorry, they’re euros, I’ve just come back from Madrid, I’ll pay by card.’

Neither stupid comment getting any reaction at all, not a flicker, from the staff.

Actually, I probably should have put this in the cheer you up thread.

It was @Stevo985 I think. 

Someone I know came back from a trip to Florida over Easter . I asked was it good? “ooof, lots of walking and really busy”.

That’s kind of a given on that type of holiday.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

You've obviously lived a sheltered life and loved every girl you have been with I understand. 😂

Not at all.

I'm just baffled to see someone blaming political correctness for them not being able to get laid

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it was @Stevo985 (apologies if not) who mentioned someone slipping in to Americanisms and then apologising, when they’d been there 7 minutes.

Well, today in the motorway services the guy in front of me - wearing a Man City shirt, was asked a question by the person at the coffee shop and his answer was ‘Si, oh sorry, I’m speaking Spanish, I’ve just come back from Madrid and I’ve still got Spanish in my head’.

Then when asked to pay for his coffee, he plonked some notes on the counter, and then said, ‘oh sorry, they’re euros, I’ve just come back from Madrid, I’ll pay by card.’

Neither stupid comment getting any reaction at all, not a flicker, from the staff.

Actually, I probably should have put this in the cheer you up thread.

Did you ask him what the score was?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Never experienced such difficulty to book train tickets anywhere else but when it is in France it of course is going to be a pain in the ass. 

Never had a problem doing that, what's the issue?

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Never had a problem doing that, what's the issue?

SNCF website. Find a train in the itinerary search but it doesn't show up when I click book tickets. I have mailed so we will see.

While driving through the shires today* I witnessed two extreme acts of dangerous driving. Both by wankpuffins in Seat Leons, coincidentally. Separate to each other, on different roads. 

I prayed hard that they would crash into a tree or roll over into a ditch/canal/ravine/quarry/sink hole/black hole. They never do though. 

*typical vile... mate

6 hours ago, Xela said:

While driving through the shires today* I witnessed two extreme acts of dangerous driving. Both by wankpuffins in Seat Leons, coincidentally. Separate to each other, on different roads. 

I prayed hard that they would crash into a tree or roll over into a ditch/canal/ravine/quarry/sink hole/black hole. They never do though. 

*typical vile... mate

Must have been something in the air in the shires yesterday as my Mrs had a wazzock driving a Cupra on her journey.

BHX is still absolute carnage. Despite the fact school holidays are over queues still through top level, lower level and out of the doors of the airport and down the road.

What pisses me off about it in the first week of Easter Manchester was getting all the headlines for the mess they had, the Birmingham airport chief exec was on the TV saying how it was far better there. 20 minutes to get through security versus their target of 10. Since then it looks like hell. They should have sorted this by now.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

At least it isn’t raining

**** me.

I saw stuff like this on Saturday but they explained it by being TUI cancellations or something. But I'm guessing this is this morning.

I'm flying out of Birmingham on Thursday. Dreading it

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

**** me.

I saw stuff like this on Saturday but they explained it by being TUI cancellations or something. But I'm guessing this is this morning.

I'm flying out of Birmingham on Thursday. Dreading it

Not sure if it’s all flights but TUI have said not to expect any food or drink to be available during your short haul flights either.

They said it’s to do with their supplier and almost all of the food/drink they get will go to long haul flights.

I can’t understand how it went from bad in the the Easter holidays to really bad now when I assume passenger numbers are lower.

The problem compounds itself because people will see this and arrive earlier and earlier creating more problems.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Not sure if it’s all flights but TUI have said not to expect any food or drink to be available during your short haul flights either.

They said it’s to do with their supplier and almost all of the food/drink they get will go to long haul flights.

I can’t understand how it went from bad in the the Easter holidays to really bad now when I assume passenger numbers are lower.

I suspect that's an excuse.

Airlines are having big difficulties with flight crew staffing.   Easy Jet are physically removing seats from aircraft so they can cut down on the number of cabin crew which is set by the number of seats on the aircraft regardless of if they have been sold or not.  TUI might have more staff than they legally need to facilitate serving food so cutting that out might reduce staffing level requirements.

It seems the whole industry has been caught on the hop regarding staffing issues.  Odd really because you would think it was completely foreseeable.

Maybe a hell of a lot of behind the scenes staffing was from overseas staff so we're seeing another Brexit bonus.  That wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Like 1

I mean, if every airline ticket went up in price by say £2 to ensure all airports had enough security staff to process people thorough, would that be a massive issue?  I'm sure most people would pay £2 more rather than spend 3 hours queuing through security.

Â