Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

And then kick myself for being annoyed about something that’s easily fixable all these years! 

That's something that's definitely for this thread.

I had a cobweb dangling over my bed that was only visible when laying down with the big light on.

Every day I'd get into bed, look up at some point and think "ffs, I need to clean that up tomorrow". For about 6 months. Finally aced it this week :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I had a cobweb dangling over my bed that was only visible when laying down with the big light on.

Every day I'd get into bed, look up at some point and think "ffs, I need to clean that up tomorrow". For about 6 months. Finally aced it this week :D 

That’s an easy one to fix, just stop putting the big light on. 

• Haha 2

I had a deck chair in the boot of my car for months. It would rattle like a bastard and every time I got in the car I vowed to put it in the garage when I got back home. It took about 15 weeks till I eventually did it.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A knowing nod from me. And a high five. And a fist bump. And a hug if I'm feeling particularly gregarious.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I saw a meme on this theme a while back...

"Today I did a chore that I've been putting off for 6 months. It took me 10 minutes. I'll learn nothing from this"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anthony said:

A knowing nod from me. And a high five. And a fist bump. And a hug if I'm feeling particularly gregarious.

Try that over here and you stand a good chance of getting eaten.

Had a parcel being delivered today. By Yodel (not my choice)

Haven't used them for a while.

Surprise surprise, "parcel delivered". 

Not to me it hasn't

They're **** useless

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not to me it hasn't

They're **** useless

C'mon less of the post on poster, there's no way your delivery man is DHUTWU instead of delivering your parcel

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not to me it hasn't

They're **** useless

The other half just revealed she actually took delivery of it. And then when I asked her if she had completely forgot.

So now I feel stupid.

Sorry Yodel

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The other half just revealed she actually took delivery of it. And then when I asked her if she had completely forgot.

So now I feel stupid.

Sorry Yodel

Oh Shit GIF - Oh Shit John - Discover & Share GIFs

Annoyed with myself for being a lazy sod. 

Had a letter from Nationwide in early March saying my current mortgage deal was coming to an end and I can go online and check the new offers. I did and they were really good. Me being me, didn't make a decision and left it, as I still had months left on my old deal. Decided I needed to sort it out today and of course, all those original offers have now been replaced with more expensive ones. 

Ended up fixing but the rate was over 0.5% higher than what i was offered in March for the same term. Its not a huge sum in the scheme of things, about £20 per month more, but I'm absolutely fuming with myself and my dithering, which will result in me paying £250 a year more. Its like giving money away. 

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Had a letter from Nationwide in early March saying my current mortgage deal was coming to an end and I can go online and check the new offers. I did and they were really good. Me being me, didn't make a decision and left it, as I still had months left on my old deal. Decided I needed to sort it out today and of course, all those original offers have now been replaced with more expensive ones. 

Ended up fixing but the rate was over 0.5% higher than what i was offered in March for the same term. Its not a huge sum in the scheme of things, about £20 per month more, but I'm absolutely fuming with myself and my dithering, which will result in me paying £250 a year more. Its like giving money away. 

Fixed mine for 5 years a couple of years ago. In truth I'm probably still paying above the current rate but I just wanted stability, and I suspected eventually the rate might rise over the period. 

Actually just checked, I'm on 1.69% for another 3 years yet.  Got a way to go but eventually I'll be below base before the end I think. 

But stability was the main thing and I'm still paying way less than I was at the start. 

My biggest error was missing my energy fix in November. Could have locked in 2 years then and ridden this out but missed that it was due for review until the shit hit the fan. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Fixed mine for 5 years a couple of years ago. In truth I'm probably still paying above the current rate but I just wanted stability, and I suspected eventually the rate might rise over the period. 

Actually just checked, I'm on 1.69% for another 3 years yet.  Got a way to go but eventually I'll be below base before the end I think. 

But stability was the main thing and I'm still paying way less than 8 was at the start. 

My biggest error was missing my energy fix in November. Could have locked in 2 years then and ridden this out but missed that it was due for review until the shit hit the fan. 

Try 3.17% standard variable. Mortgage prisoner ftw! 

I can't move to a different lender to save money because, wait for it... I "can't afford it". 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Anthony said:

Try 3.17% standard variable. Mortgage prisoner ftw! 

I can't move to a different lender to save money because, wait for it... I "can't afford it". 

Totally feel your pain. Im in the same situation 4.6% SVR. Can't afford to pay less apparently, John Glenn MP has kicked the can down the road for the past 2 yrs promising to help but he's done bugger all, @Anthony are you on Facebook as this page is worth while joining UK Mortgage Prisoners they're campaigning to get the SVR capped at 2.5% but Glenn said it wasn't fair on existing lenders. Thing is our mortgages are owned by American Vulture funds who aren't regulated and can do what they want :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

I do this nearly every year with my car insurance. I get a quote that’s a hundred pound or so cheaper elsewhere, but then never get round to making the phone call.

In fact it’s up for renewal in 2 days. I wonder if I’ll make the call. 

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I do this nearly every year with my car insurance. I get a quote that’s a hundred pound or so cheaper elsewhere, but then never get round to making the phone call.

In fact it’s up for renewal in 2 days. I wonder if I’ll make the call. 

This is essentially a metaphor for my life.

• Like 1

Â