Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Or the ones that cycle 2 and 3 abreast.

Or the ones that teararse along canal towpaths and don't have bells to warn pedestrians they are coming up behind them. I expect bells are not considered sufficiently macho.

or the ones that think changing in and out of lycra at the start and end of the working day is something to be done on works time

yes the rest of you are still working but I am cyclistman, being morally superior I shall disappear into the toilets, don tightfitting clothing and leave 5 minutes earlier than you dirty car drivers

Or the ones who scream past you driving through Richmond Park* while you are observing the 20mph limit only for you to get stuck behind them five minutes later as they drive up the middle of the road, struggling up Spankers Hill (I kid you not).

(* I appreciate that this particular cyclist issue might have a limited resonance among most vters)

BOF, now that's a misanthrope.

I'm not sure if I qualify as one myself, mind.

It actually isn't. Misanthropy goes much deeper than being pissed off on any one day. I've composed and deleted two long explanations of my reasoning, but I don't want to get into another inevitable VT argument with people who are never really attempting to discuss it, so I'll leave it at that.

People...just people in **** general, had literally the day from **** hell today, people crying to me, people arguing on me, dick head customers, people refusing to work etc etc

I just want an easy **** life but people do everything they can to keep me from having one when it comes to work

No such thing unfortunately fella.

Those who have an easy life are the ones who try not to let things get to them and don't care or worry about things.

You make your life hard by giving a shit. Its not a bad thing, it just does you no favours :winkold:

You're right about that. I find the more I actually CARE about how I perform at work, the higher I set the bar for myself in the eyes of my employers, and if I don't keep going above and beyond, they think I'm suddenly losing focus....and by taking on extra responsibility, I also get my immediate supervisors thinking I'm out to take their job. It's a lot easier to just say "**** it", and go through the motions. Do what you need to do, put in just the required amount of effort, punch out and go home.

People...just people in **** general, had literally the day from **** hell today, people crying to me, people arguing on me, dick head customers, people refusing to work etc etc

I just want an easy **** life but people do everything they can to keep me from having one when it comes to work

Those who have an easy life are the ones who try not to let things get to them and don't care or worry about things.

You make your life hard by giving a shit. Its not a bad thing, it just does you no favours :winkold:

You're right about that. I find the more I actually CARE about how I perform at work, the higher I set the bar for myself in the eyes of my employers, and if I don't keep going above and beyond, they think I'm suddenly losing focus....and by taking on extra responsibility, I also get my immediate supervisors thinking I'm out to take their job. It's a lot easier to just say "**** it", and go through the motions. Do what you need to do, put in just the required amount of effort, punch out and go home.

Great way to obtain a promotion :?

Great way to obtain a promotion :?

...or save your job...

Yay :clap: Gambled on a fart and lost. Man that's just shit.

Takes a brave man to gamble like that. I've gambled twice and got two negative results.

My worst one was in the pub a long way from home. Had to chuck the M&S easycares into the bin. They were only a week old.

I gambled at a urinal in a pub once - y'know the type - the fart that follows the wee. And I lost. So I surreptitiously stopped the stream, packed the general away and reversed into a cubicle to assess the damage.

Oh how we lol'd when I regaled my drinking buddies minutes later.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You have no idea how much I am laughing right now. Grown men shitting their pants. :lol: :cry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You have no idea how much I am laughing right now. Grown men shitting their pants. :lol: :cry:

Now if it was grown women....?

Now if it was grown women....?

Have you seen 2 Girls 1 Cup Mike?

I had the shits really bad at work once. I'm talking 15 times in about 2 hours. My girlfriend (who I'd only been seeing a matter of months then) picked me up and drove me home.

I was lying on my bed next to her watching TV and I felt a rumble in my belly. I was sick of going to the toilet and assumed there couldn't be anything left inside, so I tried to squeeze out a pump. It felt like cornucopia of slugs in my pants. (Thanks google)

Â