Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

The hyperbole in the prematch thread just after the team sheet was announced.

I won’t venture back today and will stick with watching the rugby instead. 

Its nice to read back now and laugh. 

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2022 at 17:52, Davkaus said:

I like to think of it as the shares being on sale :)

I've been putting money into a FTSE All World index tracker since May last year. Not huge amounts, but as of last week the value of my investment was lower than what I'd paid in. I thought of your post about them 'being on sale' and pumped some more money in. If anything it'll lower the average cost of the units I hold. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've been putting money into a FTSE All World index tracker since May last year. Not huge amounts, but as of last week the value of my investment was lower than what I'd paid in. I thought of your post about them 'being on sale' and pumped some more money in. If anything it'll lower the average cost of the units I hold. 

Is it too late for me to stipulate that the post was not financial advice? :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Smart - now is a good time to buy. It's easy when you start investing to get freaked out when there are dips but you have to see it as an opportunity and it will always go back up :thumb:

I'm down around 20% in the last 6 months and as horrible as that is I know it will come back.

On 25/02/2022 at 12:11, Follyfoot said:

suggesting they should have gone and had a drink in one of the numerate bars in the area

Not allowed to drink in town. 

Mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My office chair is great, bar one thing. The lever to adjust the height is right under the front of the seat, directly in line with where my leg rests, and it's on a hair trigger. I have a habit of sitting with my legs bent beneath the chair, which I know is bad but I'm comfortable. Except this then means that if my legs move at all, the seat drops. And no matter what I do I can't stop doing it.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My office chair is great, bar one thing. The lever to adjust the height is right under the front of the seat, directly in line with where my leg rests, and it's on a hair trigger. I have a habit of sitting with my legs bent beneath the chair, which I know is bad but I'm comfortable. Except this then means that if my legs move at all, the seat drops. And no matter what I do I can't stop doing it.

So,your addicted then ?

Another work one. Asked for a proposal form a client as what we'd received to that point was basically useless. Response a month later, to paraphrase 'Proposal form are a waste of time, here's the relevant info'. Which doesn't have the relevant info, and even doesn't note entire addresses, just the first line. Like I know the exact address for 3 Joe Bloggs Street.

Argh.

There's an Esso fuel station on the A45 Coventry Road heading out of Brum, just as you get near to the M42.

£1.64.9 for diesel.

One pound sixty **** five.

If that was in France they'd have burned it to the ground, and deservedly so.

Anyone paying that kind of price is an absolute penis.

51 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

There's an Esso fuel station on the A45 Coventry Road heading out of Brum, just as you get near to the M42.

£1.64.9 for diesel.

Probably one of those "last chance for fuel before the motorway.....and we'll charge you what we like" type of warnings.........price is a proper pee take though.

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

After reading the first 2 sentences I was expecting you to say that people have told you they think you're having a wank whenever you adjust the height.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

After reading the first 2 sentences I was expecting you to say that people have told you they think you're having a wank whenever you adjust the height.

I'm always pretending to adjust my chair when having a wank at work. 

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

£1.64.9 for diesel.

I am still emotionally wrecked after filling my car at £1.55.9 at the weekend.

Re. Petrol prices, it’s worth joining Costco if you can get a membership (£30 annual) and live near enough that it’s not a detour to fill up. Not sure what it currently is with events in Ukraine but it was 134 here a couple of weeks ago when everywhere else was 142+

There are bargains to be had in the store too, just have to have your wits about you and not get tempted in by everything as some things are cheaper elsewhere.

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Probably one of those "last chance for fuel before the motorway.....and we'll charge you what we like" type of warnings.........price is a proper pee take though.

There was a queue to get into the **** place this morning.

There are plenty of places within 5 miles, the idiots would save much more by going elsewhere.

I've got 30 miles worth left and it's 22 miles to work, I'll get it at Tesco where its lots cheaper.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

£1.64.9 for diesel.

I know the one.

I think it benefits from being technically a service station and being the first petrol station lots of people will see when leaving the airport with their hire car that has 2 miles of fuel in it.

• Like 1

Â