Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I remember this fashion craze and it coincided with wandering around in public with rollers in their hair as an accessory… FFS scruffy f@&£ers! 

I do believe the wife of our current manager may have been the one that started this trend, if it wasn't her, she was very close to the epicentre of it's genesis i.e. LFC WAGS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If you’re gonna get ice in your cider, at least order a separate pint glass full of ice, so you don’t waste half your pint glass real estate on water.

Always order coke without ice. It comes out of the machine cool enough. Unless you're in Benidorm or shit foreign holiday destination of your choice in 90 degree heat there is really no need for ice.  It's just been invented to ensure you get less actual drink. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Always order coke without ice. It comes out of the machine cool enough. Unless you're in Benidorm or shit foreign holiday destination of your choice in 90 degree heat there is really no need for ice.  It's just been invented to ensure you get less actual drink. 

In reality they don't give a shit how much they give you. Post mix soft drinks cost pennies a glass, the mark up on them is absolutely mindbendingly huge

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

In reality they don't give a shit how much they give you. Post mix soft drinks cost pennies a glass, the mark up on them is absolutely mindbendingly huge

When I worked at McDonalds they absolutely told you that without ice you always had to give the same automated amount.  This instruction was universally ignored by staff who always topped up. 

But then if McDonalds are selling 20m of no ice drinks globally per year that probably amounts to a swimming pool of extra drink dispensed. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I worked at McDonalds they absolutely told you that without ice you always had to give the same automated amount.  This instruction was universally ignored by staff who always topped up. 

But then if McDonalds are selling 20m of no ice drinks globally per year that probably amounts to a swimming pool of extra drink dispensed. 

Yeah MCDonalds are a differen beast, the mark up on everything in there is mindbendingly huge

Talk about Facebook, my mothers sisters (5 of them) do not send out Christmas cards anymore. I asked my mum when the last time she had seen them, she said not for years, but they all speak on Facebook now, send Christmas wishes on there. Although my mum  does not use Facebook, so never gets to speak with them. These are 60 year old women, I find it pretty sad and weird they think it's fine now to just to interact over Facebook, they are not to far away, all live in Birmingham areas. They used to spend every weekend together in there 40s. I we only thought it was for the younger generation.

14 hours ago, tomav84 said:

anyone else see this? one of the many things that annoys me about social media. call me a chauvanist but it does tend to be women...someone announces their engagement on facebook, you can always tell in the comments who the mates are that they told before announcing on FB, because they really make a point of letting everyone know that they're their REAL mates and not just FB mates. "been so happy since you told me this morning!", "congratulations again!"

probably being nasty and in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't annoy me. just find it odd behaviour.

Social media. It's wank.

Almost had a barney with the mother in law on Boxing day.

My deceased brother in law was married to a woman who simply cannot let the dead go. Her parents, her husband, her son, they are all dead. My wife's dad too.

This woman posts crap on facebook about all these people when it's a) the anniversary of their death or b) their birthday. And at Christmas they all get trotted out together.

So multiple times per year they all get plastered on her page with grizzling emoticons and woe-is-me- narrative. It's been 15 to 20 years since some of them passed as well.

So, mother in law starts moaning that this woman has "done it again"...I say "you don't have to read it".

"I do, it's there" she says.

"But you can unfollow her, then you don't have to see it".

"Oh I can't do that".

"Why do you keep moaning then? It's in your hands".

I did feel a bit bad as she is 89 :)

The expectation to send cards/ remember my niece/sister's birthday.I don't speak to these people. I sent gifts/cards for 20 years of their lives and they never once sent a thank you card, phoned or even wrote a text.

Finally my wife said, why bother?

So I didn't and now it's a thing. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 20:04, KentVillan said:

Matching Christmas pyjamas, another made up trend for words removed. Going in the same bin as elf on the shelf and Christmas jumpers and cider with ice in it

The in-laws do this. At first I kind of hated it, but now I don't mind it, it's just harmless Christmas fun. More fun than my family anyway.

54 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Looked at the driving route to the Selfridges multi storey. Been about 3 years or more since I drove there. The route now is completely alien and I am going to have fun today. **** marvellous. 

After nearly 50 years living in Leeds, I thought I was a master of negotiating its city centre and one way system. But in recent years, I've had less need to drive in town, so some of the changes passed me by. Then came a couple of years of pandemic, and a massive programme of roadworks. A couple of weeks ago we had friends come up from London by coach, so I agreed to pick them up at the bus station. Nightmare. Roads which had completely ceased to exist. Labyrinthine diversions. Reversals of one way directions. And cameras everywhere, ready to record any rule infringements. Utter sweat-inducing stress fest. They can get a bus next time. And I'm staying in the 'burbs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Looked at the driving route to the Selfridges multi storey. Been about 3 years or more since I drove there. The route now is completely alien and I am going to have fun today. **** marvellous. 

Not only that but if it's anything like it was the last time I drove down there it will take hours. It's all because Digbeth High Street is a building site due to The Tram. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

After nearly 50 years living in Leeds, I thought I was a master of negotiating its city centre and one way system. But in recent years, I've had less need to drive in town, so some of the changes passed me by. Then came a couple of years of pandemic, and a massive programme of roadworks. A couple of weeks ago we had friends come up from London by coach, so I agreed to pick them up at the bus station. Nightmare. Roads which had completely ceased to exist. Labyrinthine diversions. Reversals of one way directions. And cameras everywhere, ready to record any rule infringements. Utter sweat-inducing stress fest. They can get a bus next time. And I'm staying in the 'burbs. 

I collected people from Leeds centre a couple of times when I lived in Horsforth. The train station was alright but the bus station is awkward. Made people get the train out to Horsforth in the end as found it was generally quicker then driving in. Used to love Leeds as a student but not so much anymore. I would happily still drive through Headingley during the summer though. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

Â