Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

update:

Took the TV to comet. Spoke to the guy behind the desk. He said because the TV was out of warranty, I'd have to phone head office who would most likey need proof that it was a fault that was existing when sold to me. It would likely mean I would have to pay £40 for one of their engineers to look at it for the fault.

I said about the sale of good act and he said 'there are that many ins and outs to it, it would hard to prove anything'. He also said 'you didnt extend the warranty' - which to be honest, I didnt have an answer to.

I just get annoyed because surely, extended warranty or not a TV should last longer than 22 months! (got it in Jan 2010) :cry:

I think I'll give head office a call tomorrow morning...

until then, bye bye battlefield 3 :cry: :lol:

Did you not threaten to take them to the small claims court?

Go back to the store and do that. I should have said earlier but you will need an independent engineer report to show that the fault was there, but they WILL reimburse you.

They have to by law. Go into any computer / electronic store and they will do it for £30 or there abouts. It actually is under the SOG act that you have to prove the fault was there. Sorry I didn't mention that in my initial post.

How good Bloc Party used to be. I'm listening to Silent Alarm, **** brilliant album and I literally cannot reconcile in my mind how they got so shit so quick. :|

Very much this. "So here we are" is genius. How you go from that to TENDERONI , I'll never know (albeit as a solo artist).

How good Bloc Party used to be. I'm listening to Silent Alarm, **** brilliant album and I literally cannot reconcile in my mind how they got so shit so quick. :|

Very much this. "So here we are" is genius. How you go from that to TENDERONI , I'll never know (albeit as a solo artist).

Agreed.

Silent Alarm is pretty much the album of my late teen years and it's so, so so **** good. They fell into the trap of being a band with talent who had a sound, and then deciding that being talented means you have to evolve your sound and also means you have to become full of yourself.

It still surprises me that people actually like A Weekend in the City, which I find to be one of the most disappointing albums ever. I actually mildly prefer their third album totally because whilst it has some utter shit on it, it's also got a few decent tracks. Kele's solo stuff is utter trash, I listened to the lead single and decided that that was that.

They were so good even the remix album of Silent Alarm is **** superb - the

being imo the pinacle, just an great song turned into a great chilled track.

I was supposed to go to a cousin's husband's surprise party yesterday but I decided not to as my sister was going...

You see, when I go to these so called 'family' occasions, it's fine but when my sister decides to go along to these things, nobody wants to know me. They all flock around her and I barely get a 'hello' from anyone.

Also, we have another cousin who I have done loads for, and for her husband because she's the cousin I get on best with but I will say to her "We should meet up some time?" and she will say "Oh... well I'm busy that day..." "I didn't say a day, just 'some time'" "Well... I'm pretty busy" yet my sister will say "We should meet up some time?" and it's then "Yeah! When shall we do that?!". And after all I've done for them, that does hurt.

So I decided that instead of going to some old dive of a club to sit there by myself, feeling like crap and like I've been taken for a ride by certain people,

I stayed at home.

So my sister decided to tell everyone that I had said I wasn't coming because no one likes me, which I never said and now my relatives just think I'm some attention seeking clearing in the woods...

It was Jackass night on Viva though so that was pretty good.

bad day today..

Thursday was dump because of my TV problem, then my finance's car has a MAP sensor fault which will cost £220 to sort out, then today my car had an MOT, but I needed new brake pads.. turns out my discs have been burned to hell so they couldnt put new brake pads on them.. another £230..

all this and my car tax expires in 2 weeks.. I'm selling the **** car in January! :lol:

People thinking that they're cool sporting £200+ Beats by Dre headphones.

They've been stiffed, big time.

The mark up on these along the line is little short of grand larceny.

They're probably listening to MP3s on them too.

Suckers.

that during my 4 days in France for a training course not one French person was rude to me ... talk about ruining a perfectly good sterotype

Did any of them speak English to you?

Most of them don't even make the effort...

that during my 4 days in France for a training course not one French person was rude to me ... talk about ruining a perfectly good sterotype
Blimey. You'll be voting Labour next.

surely the shit that I produce daily at 6.00am should also be displayed as "art".

I know at least 3 or 4 galleries in Melbourne that would have no qualms about displaying your shit as art!

None of the staff at my work have been officially been told of redundancy but 3 prospective buyers for (integral) machinery have just turned up and the staff that use them are having to show them around the machines. Disgusting conduct from my employers.

None of the staff at my work have been officially been told of redundancy but 3 prospective buyers for (integral) machinery have just turned up and the staff that use them are having to show them around the machines. Disgusting conduct from my employers.

That's terrible! Haven't your colleagues demanded to know what's going on first?

Have you had letters to tell you are under the "threat of redundancy"? This is the first step of the process and a very important one.

Paddywhack - Yes everyone is confused now.

And Tamuff, no we haven't! Meeting on Thursday so I'm sure that's when they are being given out.

For this to happen beforehand, in works time and for one of the employees to be left to show the prospective buyer around the machinery - well, I'm lost for words.

Â