Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Been given a heads up that there could be a job going at a mates work, guarenteed hours and higher wage than I currently earn, which I could certainly do with, and he could put in a good word and the like. The problem is I'm not sure I really want to do the job (it's not a career thing, just a job to get some more in my pocket), it's gonna be a palava to get to and from, and I don't want to give up my other job but this one will cause issues to arise with that one (I get hours largely on the basis I can work more or less whenever) because it's gonna be long shifts, some over night meaning I am less available. I also like my current job and don't really want to drop more issues on my boss by being a pain to rota around as we've had a load of trouble with people leaving and hours being tight.

But I feel like I should go for it because the money is hard to turn down. Really can't make my mind up.

When my brother uses my Playstation controllers he always leaves them covered in some kind of brown gunk, I know if I you play for ages you do get dead skin and bits in the grooves around the edges but it's never brown!

Also why is it that after he uses the controllers, some kind colourless grease oozes out from the analogue sticks? I've never seen it before on any controller apart from ones hes used!

I'll now be spending the day taking them apart and cleaning them

When my brother uses my Playstation controllers he always leaves them covered in some kind of brown gunk, I know if I you play for ages you do get dead skin and bits in the grooves around the edges but it's never brown!

Also why is it that after he uses the controllers, some kind colourless grease oozes out from the analogue sticks? I've never seen it before on any controller apart from ones hes used!

He's an alien lizard plotting the overthrow of western civilisation.

He's an alien lizard plotting the overthrow of western civilisation.

I always throught there was something odd about his scaly skin and forked tongue :|

The greasy sticks thing just happens to them sometimes, a lot of our stock has had it happen to them.

Looks rank though, I'm loathe to touch em.

Maybe it's some weird Japanese chemical coming out to kill us?

None of the staff at my work have been officially been told of redundancy but 3 prospective buyers for (integral) machinery have just turned up and the staff that use them are having to show them around the machines. Disgusting conduct from my employers.

Have you had letters to tell you are under the "threat of redundancy"? This is the first step of the process and a very important one.

Just found out this is happening on Thursday and then consultation meetings on from there.

Apparently there will be a compromise agreement as well. Which I've googled and it makes me very uncomfortable. Sounds like a cash bribe to not pursue an unfair dismissal claim.

Kids don't wash their hands and stuff their faces with sugary shite.

The result is a sticky controller.

I've battled with them in the past. I eventually just opted to have my own controller and ban any **** from using it unless they washed their hands thoroughly beforehand.

But my brother is 31 and he only smokes and drinks, he can't handle sugar...

None of the staff at my work have been officially been told of redundancy but 3 prospective buyers for (integral) machinery have just turned up and the staff that use them are having to show them around the machines. Disgusting conduct from my employers.

Have you had letters to tell you are under the "threat of redundancy"? This is the first step of the process and a very important one.

Just found out this is happening on Thursday and then consultation meetings on from there.

Apparently there will be a compromise agreement as well. Which I've googled and it makes me very uncomfortable. Sounds like a cash bribe to not pursue an unfair dismissal claim.

It might be "payment in lieu of notice", your employers will want to avoid everybody leaving now (staff not likely to get a pay off) so offer them their notice period paid up if they work till a preset date. For example at a place I used to work I was on a 3 month notice period, in return for working to a set date and not leaving straight away they told I would be given 2 weeks notice (the minimum) on a certain date but I would be paid up for the full 12 weeks. Worked out very well for me at least as I immediately started a better paid job with a pocket full of cash.

Todays problems are as follows......

1. Spent half a day in an Employment Tribunal. It's far too hard to sack an obvious fucktard.

2. Found out I will be made "at risk" in March out of 12 people doing my job, there will be 6 in April.

3. Women - well, 1 in particular.

It might be "payment in lieu of notice", your employers will want to avoid everybody leaving now (staff not likely to get a pay off) so offer them their notice period paid up if they work till a preset date. For example at a place I used to work I was on a 3 month notice period, in return for working to a set date and not leaving straight away they told I would be given 2 weeks notice (the minimum) on a certain date but I would be paid up for the full 12 weeks. Worked out very well for me at least as I immediately started a better paid job with a pocket full of cash.

Aye. Generally a compromise agreement will be in your favour. Otherwise, you'd just stick to the terms of your contract.

1. Spent half a day in an Employment Tribunal. It's far too hard to sack an obvious fucktard.

my gf said she'd seen in town labour with posters out with "the tories are trying to make it easier to sack people - vote labour"

great advert for the tories IMO!

what just pissed me off was that charlie boorman's extreme frontiers, i like the idea of someone going round canada, interesting place and seems a decent program, but why put that dick on it? he's a complete **** idiot, bring back fry and his cab and make a proper travel show...

If employers haven't worked out said fucktard is a fucktard in first 6 months of probationary period they deserve to have to employ him, not only that if not completely satisfied they can put said fucktard on second probationary period of 6 months too. Thats an entire year to discover that a fucktard is a fucktard, if employers can't work that out in a year they are rather fucktarded themselves and deserve to have to employ said fucktard

I was cut early tonight from my night job because we were mega slow *due to a drastic weather change* I would normally always be happy to go home early but it was trivia night and I was working with quite a few friends. I shouldn't be pissed, but I really wasn't ready to leave. I think I might be MORE pathetic than previously suspected.

If employers haven't worked out said fucktard is a fucktard in first 6 months of probationary period they deserve to have to employ him, not only that if not completely satisfied they can put said fucktard on second probationary period of 6 months too. Thats an entire year to discover that a fucktard is a fucktard, if employers can't work that out in a year they are rather fucktarded themselves and deserve to have to employ said fucktard

Problem was said fucktard was a redeployee from elsewhere in the business so probation period didn't count. Started capability procedure within 2 months (May) but then had an incident if Gross Misconduct. Unfortunately even then, working for a LA it.still took 6 months to get rid.

Â