Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Reaction videos

I like them. Well the good ones. It's weird, but I get enjoyment from watching someone discovering something for the first time that I already enjoy. 

13 minutes ago, lammy123 said:

Could you go down the mdm route?

The drivers I'm talking about are the ones using their own devices. The devices we own are MDMed via Knox (Samsung). We've sent messages to drivers for days saying do not update your OS to Android 11 or the App won't work properly, we'll have an update in the coming days, just hold off until we tell you its ok.

In one ear and out the other... then its our fault they have to shut the App after every completed booking and log back in again.

As it happens an initial update to our App arrived today, it's being tested by a few guinea pigs over the weekend and will be rolled out on Monday (fingers crossed)

15 minutes ago, lammy123 said:

My phone woes are the Head of HR yet again "approving" an Iphone for a memeber of her staff when she has been explicitly told that we do not support them.

We've not even got an iPhone App for drivers and have gone back to a Web Page for bookings. Apple's App Store rules just don't work for us. We've got this great new feature, we coded it in three days, it works.... just have to wait for App Store approval (3 months later...) nor does Apple allow Apps to work in conjunction with each other. Our Driver App uses Google Maps for navigation and on Android they combine well. Apple won't let you combine them, so... no App because any App will not be as good as the Android version

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The drivers I'm talking about are the ones using their own devices. The devices we own are MDMed via Knox (Samsung). We've sent messages to drivers for days saying do not update your OS to Android 11 or the App won't work properly, we'll have an update in the coming days, just hold off until we tell you its ok.

In one ear and out the other... then its our fault they have to shut the App after every completed booking and log back in again.

As it happens an initial update to our App arrived today, it's being tested by a few guinea pigs over the weekend and will be rolled out on Monday (fingers crossed)

Could it be the phones updating automatically? I'm no expert in Android. 

I have had a work phone, which used Samsung Knox. Horrible. So many issues, the business removed the option of Samsungs. Just iPhones now with all the Blackberry apps. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could it be the phones updating automatically? I'm no expert in Android. 

I have had a work phone, which used Samsung Knox. Horrible. So many issues, the business removed the option of Samsungs. Just iPhones now with all the Blackberry apps. 

Ours aren't used as phones, they only have three Apps installed. Knox, Google Maps and the Driver App. We knox them to stop the drivers downloading anything else and using our data. Perfect for that

I'm told that the only way it will Auto Update is if you've set it to do that

My office just ask what phone I want and they go and get it.

Luckily for them, I couldn’t care less what phone I have.

I was asked if I was ‘I-phone or android’ when they were getting the last one and my answer was ‘couildn’t give a shit’.

I currently have a Samsung, absolutely no idea what model it is. It takes a decent photo and I can do phone calls and e-mails.

Saying all that, I’m currently on an ipad, and they’ve just ‘upgraded’ the pencil so every time I swipe it tries to convert it to writing, and that is currently very very **** annoying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Noddy,

They have somehow turned him into a private detective with an ipad, there are ninja's and pirates amongst other 'all new' character's 

Is nothing sacred 

I'm quite please that my 3 year old has roundly rejected this new age Noddy in favour of watching the original episodes.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Noddy,

They have somehow turned him into a private detective with an ipad, there are ninja's and pirates amongst other 'all new' character's 

Is nothing sacred 

It’s a plot arc.

He does really well, lauded by all. He becomes the new mayor.

Then the papers bring him down with all the shit he’s done in his past. Like when he broke the Easter eggs, or when he ran over an elf’s foot.

Series 2, he re launches himself with a surprise second week entry in I’m A Celebrity. Kicked out on the Thursday for shagging someone from a boy band in the jungle showers.

I’ve enough material here for a feature length special.

• Haha 2

Â