Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

27 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Washing by hand? Jesus people, we left that chore behind in the 60s :D (Apart from cast iron pans naturally) If the washer doesn't do a proper job is either crap, broken or the washing tablets are not up to the job.

Same, lining up the forks, knifes and spoons for easy transfer back to the drawer is strangely satisfying.

edit: aaaaaaand I'm 10 hours behind the piss off curve. Apples are to be consumed unpeeled

Our water is metered, doing it by hand saves me money in electricity and water. Doing it by hand saves a little bit of the planet. Greta's gonna get ya!

@tonyh29is off out to buy 5 new dishwashers as we speak 😀

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Same, lining up the forks, knifes and spoons for easy transfer back to the drawer is strangely satisfying.

Yes, and yes. And yet again, the wife doesn't get it. All randomly arranged. Grrr. 

28 minutes ago, Tegis said:

As this is data from a dishwasher-manufacturer, it has to be correct right? Absolutely no skewing the results in their favour :D

image.png.49b5e76abff6fa877937e4a64695d08b.png

They are welcome to compare my before and after bills. Total nonsense

36 minutes ago, Tegis said:

As this is data from a dishwasher-manufacturer, it has to be correct right? Absolutely no skewing the results in their favour :D

image.png.49b5e76abff6fa877937e4a64695d08b.png

125l of water hand washing, versus 8-21 litres in a dishwasher... what period is that over?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Our water is metered, doing it by hand saves me money in electricity and water. Doing it by hand saves a little bit of the planet. Greta's gonna get ya!

I'm going to fly to a shop in Australia to purchase them just to piss Greta off a bit more

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, and yes. And yet again, the wife doesn't get it. All randomly arranged. Grrr. 

I have some form of reverse OCD as if i was sharing a dishwasher with either of you I'd go out of my way to randomly arrange things  ...  see my posts the other year regarding my  feud with the cleaner at our office and her arranging the coffee and sugar jars in the kitchen in order , 6 mths it took before she finally conceded defeat

My dad is one of those people that walks in a  room and straightens pictures , every time I visit my parents I have a little walk around their house and make them all slightly crooked

its the small things in life that give me pleasure :)

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

125l of water hand washing, versus 8-21 litres in a dishwasher... what period is that over?

I suspect they used graphs provided by the marketing-department at Apple

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I have some form of reverse OCD as if i was sharing a dishwasher with either of you I'd go out of my way to randomly arrange things  ...  see my posts the other year regarding my  feud with the cleaner at our office and her arranging the coffee and sugar jars in the kitchen in order , 6 mths it took before she finally conceded defeat

My dad is one of those people that walks in a  room and straightens pictures , every time I visit my parents I have a little walk around their house and make them all slightly crooked

its the small things in life that give me pleasure :)

Gosh, you do surprise me. 

The mother in law “can we come round on Christmas morning to see the kids open their presents off us”. She’s a **** pain. Only lives round the corner, obviously oblivious to the news and the pandemic. If we say no she’ll have a right strop. I advised we say no, but let’s see.

My extended family are squabbling and at each other's throats. I get to see them all once a year, a few times at most.

It pisses me off because they invest more energy in exacerbating issues than they do trying to come to terms and, God willing, even make amends.

At 30 I am the second oldest living male on my fathers side of the family. I would like the family to come together and at least break bread over Christmas.

I have two Aunts, and had an Uncle on my father's side, there's 5 cousins and their partners and children, my two siblings and I. It once made for a decent gathering.

My Dad says the death of my uncle left a male void in the family. My Dad is 66 and an absolute gem of a human. Though he's never seen himself as or wanted to be a leader.

I spent a lot of time with my uncle leading up to his death. He really was set on going out having given his family the time of day and his love, if they wanted it.

His death made the most read newspaper in Melbourne, for the right reasons.

Excuse the ramblings, I see the qualities in all of my family members, but for whatever reason we are in disarray as a unit. And I think it's unnecessary.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

The mother in law “can we come round on Christmas morning to see the kids open their presents off us”. She’s a **** pain. Only lives round the corner, obviously oblivious to the news and the pandemic. If we say no she’ll have a right strop. I advised we say no, but let’s see.

The news  says she could come around ...  just admit it , you don't like her  :)

14 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Every single time I go to collect Paddywhack Jr. from nursery (everyday, at the same time, the time his 'shift' finishes) when they ask how they can help me over the intercom, they seem completely surprised that I'm there to pick him up.

"Oh. Okay, we'll just have to get him ready then".

I have to wait outside for 5-10 minutes whilst a queue builds up behind me of other parents and grandparents dropping off and picking up their kids.

"Always the same, 1:30pm, everyday...so..."

AmvVEJ7CQAAI4Wp.jpg

Criminally underrated post! Really liked the use of a reference from The Office 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, bickster said:

Dishwashers use far less water than hand washing. 

And my mate confirms this is true having had his dishwasher emptied into a bucket for a while.  He thought something was wrong at first so little water was coming out. 

• Like 1

Dishwashers use less water, unless you are using the 'two bowls, one for washing and one for rinsing' system and don't wash or rinse anything under the tap. I doubt that's how most people are doing their hand-washing, so on that basis I think it would be fair to say that dishwashers are significantly more efficient/less wasteful in terms of water usage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Dishwashers use less water, unless you are using the 'two bowls, one for washing and one for rinsing' system and don't wash or rinse anything under the tap. I doubt that's how most people are doing their hand-washing, so on that basis I think it would be fair to say that dishwashers are significantly more efficient/less wasteful in terms of water usage.

What about electricity? Some of the dishwasher cycles are blooming long.

Just now, Genie said:

What about electricity? Some of the dishwasher cycles are blooming long.

You're also using electricity to heat the water coming out of your tap, and most modern dishwashers are cold-fill only. It's more of a wash (so to speak) than you'd think.

Â