Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Hasn't the one in Lytham closed for good now? Back on topic - I hate that but probably shouldn't ;)

Yeah, you're right. It's still there though, all shut down and empty. And the baker's that used to be Burton's, then Greenhalgh's opposite, too. No hot pies anywhere. :(

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When did "hundred percent"  become the replacement for "yes"? 

I've probably asked this before, but when did 'super' replace 'very'?  I find it super annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, bickster said:

You appear to be missing the point. Its a dirty protest, she thinks you should be doing this

If a job isn't worth doing, it's worth doing badly

Bicks, this isn't after a big meal or anything. The dishwasher is empty - Mrs. A puts a plate in at a 45 degree angle. Someone just explain the logic to me?!?!????

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Bicks, this isn't after a big meal or anything. The dishwasher is empty - Mrs. A puts a plate in at a 45 degree angle. Someone just explain the logic to me?!?!????

Yes, yes, yes, this is it. Plates at odd angles, sizes all mixed up, cutlery all mixed up, space not properly utilised. Unloading one of MY washer loads is easy, it's all 'like with like'. Hers needs an elaborate sorting and triage. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, yes, yes, this is it. Plates at odd angles, sizes all mixed up, cutlery all mixed up, space not properly utilised. Unloading one of MY washer loads is easy, it's all 'like with like'. Hers needs an elaborate sorting and triage. 

It blows my mind how can anyone load a dishwasher haphazardly. It's made for order and neatness.

You are welcome over for a meal any time Mike :thumb:

• Like 1

I definitely see the appeal of physical media, but it's just not for me, I like an uncluttered house. I listen to 3-4 hours of Spotify a day, but haven't bought an album in at least 10 years. I don't think Blu-Ray existed when I last bought a physical copy of a film.

The last remaining physical media I own is books, and they're on the way out in my house too.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It blows my mind how can anyone load a dishwasher haphazardly. It's made for order and neatness.

I must admit I have slightly Aspergers-y/OCD thing about... well, not so much neatness as 'like with like' and what I see as 'correct arrangement' of stuff - as exemplified by my extreme dislike of seeing shoes stored with the wrong left/right alignment. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree with whoever said washing by hand is better. I ripped my dishwasher out and got a tumble drier installed instead, I don't have room for both and it's much more useful. 

Doesn’t the tumble dryer smash the crockery 

note to self read all of thread before responding 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

I have an order of doing things when it comes to washing up. Plates first then bowls, the bowls are propped up with the mugs and everyday glasses which come next. Then I'll move the bowls slightly for a gap to slide any chopping boards / baking trays into. Next are any pans, which are done in order of size, smallest first then as best as possible stacked on top of each other. Next is the cutlery which goes into a separate pot so weren't required in my initial stack calculations followed by the delicate glasses, which are at the end because they will always be dried with paper towels and placed back on the relevant shelf in the Living room. I do not need to dry the rest thats why they are stacked on the drainer.

The missus does the washing up and its... "can you come and dry these for me..."

For me, I think it stems back to packing Artics at the end of the gig. A good pack always took a bit of logic. Many a time the truck driver had his ideas completely changed by us. Yeah but.... Oh shit that works well!

Just now, bickster said:

I have an order of doing things when it comes to washing up. Plates first then bowls, the bowls are propped up with the mugs and everyday glasses which come next. Then I'll move the bowls slightly for a gap to slide any chopping boards / baking trays into. Next are any pans, which are done in order of size, smallest first then as best as possible stacked on top of each other. Next is the cutlery which goes into a separate pot so weren't required in my initial stack calculations followed by the delicate glasses, which are at the end because they will always be dried with paper towels and placed back on the relevant shelf in the Living room. I do not need to dry the rest thats why they are stacked on the drainer.

The missus does the washing up and its... "can you come and dry these for me..."

For me, I think it stems back to packing Artics at the end of the gig. A good pack always took a bit of logic. Many a time the truck driver had his ideas completely changed by us. Yeah but.... Oh shit that works well!

Have you ever seen the film sleeping with the enemy? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The one that does my head in is inexplicably vacant slots. Do you really only want to load it to half capacity and have to wash up the other stuff by hand? 

• Like 1

Â