Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Always wondered, if two people bet a tenner each on a match and each bet on the other team would one of them make more than £20? If so then what’s to stop people just going halves on every match and making a profit each time and just sharing it?

Draws are a thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Haha, good point well made :D and this is why I don’t ever bet.

In all seriousness though, accounting for all possible outcomes, you're not going to make a profit at the same bookies. There are teams of people whose job it is to make sure this doesn't happen.

You could make a profit by betting on Villa to win at Bookie 1, on the draw at Bookie 2, and Sheffield to win at bookie 3. Because they operate separately and calculate their own odds, this could work out to be a profit. This is called Arbitraging. There are sites that will basically compile all bookies odds, and point out when there's the opportunity to make a profit by exploiting this. As I understand it, while the circumstances arise frequently, bookies monitor their competitors, and when they catch punters placing too many bets on events with these discrepancies, they'll ban you.

Bookies don't play fair.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Want my spreadsheet? :P 

Most people lose, it's the only way the bookies say in business. I stick to matched betting and I'm, as of this afternoon, I'm £4752 up after about 18 months. Not sure how many hours I've put in, it's almost certainly less than my hourly rate, but it;s good fun. 

I do a bit of 'mug betting' to muddy the waters, and I'm £182 up on that, but that's mostly luck (ish, I usually bet on the Villa to lose, and it works out pretty well)

Based on the information you provided after the bold highlighted...  yes. :D

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Betting company adverts - Like Paddy Power or Bet365

Stop trying to make out that gambling is fun and exciting. Bunch of words removed. 

I think football needs to sort itself out a bit. It’s betting ads on the boards during the game and then wall to wall ads in the breaks. Way too OTT.

Saying that, I place quite a few bets but very rarely “gamble”. I made nearly £200 from the 3-3 Arsenal Liverpool draw on Monday as they did their bet £50 prematch get a free £50 in place which bagged just under £40 but because I placed my prematch bet on Liverpool Bet365 paid it out as a winner because they went 2-0 up :D 

Because I layed off my selections on the exchange I only spent/risked about £1.50 of my money.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think football needs to sort itself out a bit. It’s betting ads on the boards during the game and then wall to wall ads in the breaks. Way too OTT.

Saying that, I place quite a few bets but very rarely “gamble”. I made nearly £200 from the 3-3 Arsenal Liverpool draw on Monday as they did their bet £50 prematch get a free £50 in place which bagged just under £40 but because I placed my prematch bet on Liverpool Bet365 paid it out as a winner because they went 2-0 up :D 

Because I layed off my selections on the exchange I only spent/risked about £1.50 of my money.

You're just a greedy clearing in the woods :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Betting company adverts - Like Paddy Power or Bet365

Stop trying to make out that gambling is fun and exciting. Bunch of words removed. 

Betting needs to go the same way as tobacco, i.e. all advertising and sponsorship being banned in this country. We're a nation of degenerate gamblers, the incidence and rate of increase in gambling addication is absolutely shocking. Banning advertising and sponsorship will be a good step forward.

• Like 4

Just been out in the car, Radio 6 was on as usual... Liam Gallagher was on doing what he does best... talking shite about himself

"That's where I am, I'm a cross between Lennon and Lydon, that's me"

Oh he pisses me off

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just been out in the car, Radio 6 was on as usual... Liam Gallagher was on doing what he does best... talking shite about himself

Oh he pisses me off

He reminds me of neither. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh he pisses me off

A genuinely shite musician who was a product of circumstance. 

• Like 1

‘A good frontman’.  Though he definitely is, I don’t think being a good frontman shows any skill or talent tbh. Just be arrogant on stage and have ‘something’ about you. Your standard, tweed wearing, wierd geography teacher could probably be a good front man.

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

‘A good frontman’.  Though he definitely is, I don’t think being a good frontman shows any skill or talent tbh. Just be arrogant on stage and have ‘something’ about you. Your standard, tweed wearing, wierd geography teacher could probably be a good front man.

You're correct in what you say. He had the attitude and the swagger and the crowd connected to him. He also had a good voice in his prime. Noel was the talent, Liam was the star. 

Â