Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never been into twix. Can't ever remember them being called raiders.

Raiders was a European name.... always been Twix in the UK as far as i know. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Raiders was a European name.... always been Twix in the UK as far as i know. 

Raiders in the US, as well. I'm surprised they haven't changed it here. I remember going to the States and being amused that they called Marathons by the absurd name of Snickers. A couple of years later... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I really only have cash so I've got coins for the venders at work.  I also feel I need to keep something in the coin bit of my wallet otherwise it feels a bit redundant.  Otherwise it's card all the way.

Vending machines. In over four decades I think I've used them about 10 times, probably all as a teenager at the local swimming pool. Despite their convenience, I try to avoid paying more than double for what I can get elsewhere with just a bit of forethought. It's the same as buying confectionary from petrol stations or the cinema. Do I want a single chocolate bar for £1+? No thanks, I've already bought a pack, the equivalent of 2 or 3 single bars, for a quid.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Raiders in the US, as well. I'm surprised they haven't changed it here. I remember going to the States and being amused that they called Marathons by the absurd name of Snickers. A couple of years later... 

***$ You Starburst, you will forever be Opal Fruits

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Vending machines. In over four decades I think I've used them about 10 times, probably all as a teenager at the local swimming pool. Despite their convenience, I try to avoid paying more than double for what I can get elsewhere with just a bit of forethought. It's the same as buying confectionary from petrol stations or the cinema. Do I want a single chocolate bar for £1+? No thanks, I've already bought a pack, the equivalent of 2 or 3 single bars, for a quid.

I hate vending machines. Not only the prices but the fact i've been robbed by them in about 50% of my dealings with them. 

I stand there helplessly as my 85p chipsticks hang on for dear life in the machine. I leave knowing the next person in the queue is going to double up on the salt and vinegar snacks :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm not saying I never pay on card, I'd just rather pay cash. Why spend money out your bank if you have it on you,  I'd rather my bank build up. It annoys the **** out of me when the missus goes the shop and pays £3 on the card when we have it lying about the house. I've always been like it plus you know what you're spending when you pay in cash. You can't keep track of what you're spending on card. 

I don’t think that answers the question. But ok. 

Â