Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Couple of years back a guy got made redundant at our place... he was delighted, he knew it was coming and hated his job. Rumours are he got about £140k.

There was a leaving collection as well! my response when the envelope came to me was "**** off!"

• Like 2

When you're driving on a main road and a car ahead in a side road keeps edging out so you have no alternative but to let them out otherwise you'll take the front of their car off. Pricks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xela said:

When you're driving on a main road and a car ahead in a side road keeps edging out so you have no alternative but to let them out otherwise you'll take the front of their car off. Pricks

I tend to assume it's because the traffic on the main road is that heavy and no one has been kind enough to let them out that the only alternative to edging out is waiting for ages and ages and ages...

Due to a team I was on disbanding, before my birthday, and me not getting anything out of the birthday club, and another team I was on forgetting my 30th Birthday, I've stopped giving to most collections. The exception is if someone I like is leaving, getting married, or having a baby. The rest can **** off. Oh, and I don't do secret Santa either. I moaned like hell, when I got a Lynx gift set one year, so guess what I got the next year?! No point doing it now, as I'm only ever going to get more Lynx.  

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Due to a team I was on disbanding, before my birthday, and me not getting anything out of the birthday club, and another team I was on forgetting my 30th Birthday, I've stopped giving to most collections. The exception is if someone I like is leaving, getting married, or having a baby. The rest can **** off. Oh, and I don't do secret Santa either. I moaned like hell, when I got a Lynx gift set one year, so guess what I got the next year?! No point doing it now, as I'm only ever going to get more Lynx.  

What were you expecting? A new plasma?

I always worked  on the assumption it was a bit of silly fun, I didn't mind getting total nonsense, although I'm more than happy for someone who resorts to alcohol. Absolutely fine by me, although in this case it is important prior to arranging secret santas, to ensure that one's taste is known ahead of any picks.  Casually bringing up the joy's of red wine in an off hand manner prior to names being passed around is for example advisable,  as is decrying the incalculable horror of certain generic lagers. 

But even then, if it's white or Carling, this then becomes a free contribution to a seasonal house gathering so it's not too bad. Although I do remember, for quite some time between some friends of ours that a particular bottle of unappealing white, became intentionally passed from home to party to home, perennially undrunk for at least 3-4 years, until my mate was moving house, and thus all non-essential drinks needed to be drunk to save on space. ( Apparently ). Oddly enough, it wasn't that bad, although it definitely found favour by contrast to the horrifying Lidl's white rum that had been abandoned very early on after it's purchase several years before, and the nastily cheap tequila. 

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

If you can't identify the smelly workmate, it might be you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

What were you expecting?

For them to put a bit of thought into it. Pretty much everyone else got something that made them laugh, or they genuinely liked. I just think it's a cop out to buy generic smellies, especially when I've not used Lynx since I was about 16.

We only did Secret Santa once, I got the fat ginger guy who used to get cold sores all the time so I got him some Just For Men hair dye and a tube of Zovirax.  I got a book on playing the guitar which wasn't too shabby.  Nowadays nobody really likes each other so we can't be arsed with it.

advert on the radio now for compenastion if you ever got food poisioning whilst on holiday

boo hoo i had to poo 5 times during the day cuase i atre a dodgy prawn , that must be worth a few grand 

just **** off  with this someone has to pay culture

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

advert on the radio now for compenastion if you ever got food poisioning whilst on holiday

boo hoo i had to poo 5 times during the day cuase i atre a dodgy prawn , that must be worth a few grand 

I dunno, I got campylobacter once and it was probably the worst week of my life.  If it happened in a hotel I'd be fuming.  

What pissed me off today, they shut off a lane each way of the dual carriageway through town just to trim the bushes that run in between them.  Traffic was shit as a result and who wants to look at a flower display on a dual carriageway anyway?

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

And of course the voice over guy is... American, just for extra authenticity.

Is someone royally **** up Birmingham's roads for a laugh??

Five Ways traffic lights. The queues now are longer than they ever were! In all directions!

M42 J6 NB. Now the filter lane is for the airport only, meaning I have to go to the lights for brum, wtf?! It was absolutely fine as it was!

The Sty Maccies roundabout. Now the traffic lights block up the roundabout so everyone's hustling to get in the outside lane for the Cov Road.

And as for the bus lane on the Pershore Road, it's a complete no go in the morning now, it's just grid lock.

I bet it's the same person that thought the (empty) 2+ lane past Fort/Star City would solve global warming  :bang:

Â