Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Air Con Office Politics.

Just ban the **** things.

It's still mid-july hot here at the moment so they're on and everyone is happy. Once October comes around, it'll be carnage.

My own one, I had my internet installed 2 days ago in my flat and it's already not working :rant:

I've been driving a company pool car for a couple of days.

Couldn't get the air con to do anything worthwhile. Finally found a button that sent it in to blast mode. 

Got showered in what I presume to be the dead flakes of the last 20 people to have driven it.

Thanks, I'll be back in my own car with my own skin and assorted detritus tomorrow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Air Con Office Politics.

Just ban the **** things.

Ours is broken - not broken as in it won't turn on (or off) but broken in that the place is either freezing cold, with people sitting in coats and jumpers etc. or red hot. It changes every day - the temp is either about 17 or about 29. no middle ground.

It's been like this for ages.

People come every day to "sort" it. 2 years on, still as bollexed as it was.

I want to kill them all.

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

Ours is broken - not broken as in it won't turn on (or off) but broken in that the place is either freezing cold, with people sitting in coats and jumpers etc. or red hot. It changes every day - the temp is either about 17 or about 29. no middle ground.

I want to kill them all.

In that situation isn't it better to turn the thing off and let the room become ambient?

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

In that situation isn't it better to turn the thing off and let the room become ambient?

It cannot be turned off, apparently. Not as in, it's not possible technically, but as in it's there to keep all the equipment as well as the people in a temperature range, so, "no, we're not turning it off, if we do the building will become far  too hot because of all the kit in it." 

like I say, moyder is on my mind

Walk into work and the first thing I'm told is that the TV is broken.  

It's a slight inconvenience to me, I have my laptop with which to watch my viewing delights but my Supervisor is acting like it's the end of the world. 

Sucks to be you dude.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I want to kill them all.

It sounds like a faulty branch selector (BS) box to me. Either faulty Pcb or sticky solenoids :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Commercial, it has ruined youtube and is now ruining VT aswell...

There's even giant adverts on motorways these days! 'Hey you, just take your attention away from the road for a moment so I can sell you my great product' 

:angry:

• Like 2

Â