Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You, because you should never assume indicating means they will definitely do what they are indicating.

Didn't your driving instructor tell you not to start pulling out (in your scenario) until their wheels have crossed the give way line?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You, because you should never assume indicating means they will definitely do what they are indicating.

Didn't your driving instructor tell you not to start pulling out (in your scenario) until their wheels have crossed the give way line?

Nope, thought I would have been at fault alright. 

• Like 1

Mate of mine has a good saying for that.  "Do you know what it means when someone has their indicator on?  It means their indicator is working".  That's all it means, and yeah you'd have been completely at fault.  In fact some con artists use the old indicator trick to lure people out of side roads and then smash straight into them.  Chaching!

16 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The American's mispronunciation of Graham and Craig.

Gram and Kreg. What's all that about?

I know a father and son called Greg & Craig.  I call them both Grag in case I mix them up.  It seems to work well.

• Like 3

I told the woman at the bank to pronounce my name however she wishes. Then she thought I didn't know how to pronounce my own name and that it might not even be my real name.

54 minutes ago, BOF said:

In fact some con artists use the old indicator trick to lure people out of side roads and then smash straight into them.  Chaching!

The increased use of dash cameras has created a new con for the crash for cash criminals. They are moving away from unexpectedly braking hard to cause a rear end shunt to indicating and slowing to turn in to a side road before suddenly accelerating and continuing on the main road. A forward facing dash camera can be used to help prove that the rear end collision was 'engineered' by the car in front but is much less likely to show a vehicle from the side creating the deception leading to a side impact.

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

At a magic show once, a Canadian magician asked me my name.

I said 'Craig'. He said, Creg?'. I said 'no, Craig'. He said, 'Creg?'. I said 'no, Craig'. He said, 'Creg?'. I said 'no, Craig'. He said,' Creg?'. I said 'no, Craig'. He said 'yeah, that's what I said, Creg'. I said 'no, Craig'. He said, Creg?'. I said 'no, Craig'. Someone else said 'his name is Craig'. He said, 'yeah, Creg'. I said, 'no, Cr-a-ig'.

• Like 1

It's actually a human right to be able pronounce your name however you wish. So for example, if your name's Paul, if you wish you can pronounce it Edward.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Just now, Paddywhack said:

But he pronounces it Edward

"ahhh.. hello Mr. Belt, come in."

"Errr, actually, I pronounce my name "Edward"".

"Ok.. Mr Seat.. Edward"

"ERRRRRRRMM, I think you'll find it's pronounced "Edward Edward" - it's my human right!!!"

:huh:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

I told the woman at the bank to pronounce my name however she wishes. Then she thought I didn't know how to pronounce my own name and that it might not even be my real name.

She chose 'yowsless'. 

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have a surname that I always have to spell for people, and 9/10 people pronounce it incorrectly even after writing it down. 

Are you a Cahill, a Moran or a Haughey living in England? :trollface: 

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Haha! You pandered to a stupid person.  Never pander to a stupid person.  They don't know they're stupid, and they think everyone is stupider than they are.

• Like 1

Â