Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who use the opportunity of a famous musician's death to moan about how unfair it is that Justin Bieber or One Direction are still alive. Every goddamn time. Get a life.

Now, I don't care for either of those guys but I don't let it bother me. Different people like different music. No one is being forced to listen to music they don't like because something they do like isn't around any more.

• Like 1

That sounds mental.

I love it.

Edit: sounds similar to "Ham specials" that my mom used to make.

Toast with a slice of ham, covered in beans and topped with toasted cheese and Worcestershire sauce

I know there will a ' kick myself ' answer here but how do you toast the cheese without putting it on the bread under the grill? Or is it two slices of bread and eaten like a toastie?

2 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

I know there will a ' kick myself ' answer here but how do you toast the cheese without putting it on the bread under the grill? Or is it two slices of bread and eaten like a toastie?

You do put it under the grill.

Toast the toast. Then put a slice of ham on, some beans and grated cheese over the top and whack it under the grill until the cheese melts

• Like 1

**** it, that's my dinner tomorrow.

The ham, beans, cheese on toast thing was my dads 'special', and he called it a "cheese bean-io"

(Beany-oh)[emoji38]

I still have them occasionally, because its the best.

Oh and I forgot the Worcestershire sauce.

Occasionally my mom would use spaghetti hoops instead. That brought down the house.

Kids are so easy to please. I mean that's the shittest meal ever, but I loved it.

Mind you, I specifically remember being fed a dinner of chopped up bread soaked in milk and sprinkled with sugar, so I guess anything was an upgrade from that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Also, if you lean a toaster on its side you can make cheese and ham on toast like under a grill.  Best if you have a fire extinguisher handy just in case mind you.

A place I used to work at had very simple kitchen facilities, basically a cubby hole upstairs with a kettle, ancient microwave, and a toaster. On my first day I was told the kettle was fine, the microwave shouldn't be used whilst anyone was in the vicinity, and never, ever use the toaster. It looked fine, but nobody ever used it. It turned out that a former employee had decided to use the toaster, on its side, to cook fish fingers. And subsequently it was less toaster, more fisher.

Home meals discussion and all that shit, I did **** all last weekend so thought I'd go all delia

Saturday I made pretzel bread, the site I'm on at the moment has a brilliant shop, they do a New Yorker, pastrami, emendation, gherkin, pretzel bread...its absolute heaven, so I made a pretzel loaf off an Internet recipe, made a Black Forest gateaux chocolate brownie, basically a brownie with a cheesecake and cherry pie filler centre, again internet recipe, then made a deconstructed chicken fajita... The bread as really hard cos you have to boil it for like a minute before baking it which is a ball ache and the recipe I had for me personally was way too sweet, the cheesecake didn't have enough chocolate in and was bland,mom not going to lie the fajitas were good

Sunday night I had chips with mini kievs, it was the bollocks

Some people at ticket barriers in london. Yesterday I was about to tap my contactless and when I realised some word removed behind me and already stuffed their ticket in the machine. So I ended up walking through without actually 'tapping', and this prat walks through the gate behind me, thus costing me over £5 rather than the £2.10 (or so) it would have. 

Since I was in a bad mood I gave him a volley of F's and C's for being an inconsiderate word removed, it made me feel a bit better.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some people at ticket barriers in london. Yesterday I was about to tap my contactless and when I realised some word removed behind me and already stuffed their ticket in the machine. So I ended up walking through without actually 'tapping', and this prat walks through the gate behind me, thus costing me over £5 rather than the £2.10 (or so) it would have. 

Since I was in a bad mood I gave him a volley of F's and C's for being an inconsiderate word removed, it made me feel a bit better.

you could have leant back over and tapped to avoid the extra charge, although people like that are unbelievably annoying. Similar to those who try to tap straight after you when the door hasn't opened and end up falling into you, along with people who are ambling through looking at their phone not paying any attention to anything going on around them. And then the worst of the worst, there are those that have not got their card out in advance. The WORST kind of human being.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

can't you just jump the barrier one journey and break even  ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't even understand how Pangloss' problem works.

Surely if you got through the barrier without "tapping" you've got a free trip?

On the Oyster, you have to in and out or it doesn't know how far you've travelled (and thus how much to charge you). If you only do one or the other, you get charged full whack fare rather than the fare for the trip you did.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

you could have leant back over and tapped to avoid the extra charge, although people like that are unbelievably annoying. Similar to those who try to tap straight after you when the door hasn't opened and end up falling into you, along with people who are ambling through looking at their phone not paying any attention to anything going on around them. And then the worst of the worst, there are those that have not got their card out in advance. The WORST kind of human being.

I think I should have stopped dead backed in to him, allowed the barrier to shut and then tap. But I really didn't think, as I was in a rush to get my train from Euston. The underground really **** me off, it's full of unspeakable words removed.

Â