Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

A plate that measure how many calories are on it.

It would link up with your smartphone or watch or whatever.

You then enter 2000 calories (or whatevs) and everything you eat off that plate shows up against that target.

So as long as you eat all your food off that plate, then once the 2000 calories is up. That's it. No more food today, fatty!

It's obviously the first bit that is the major problem in that invention :D

I'd say the last bit is the hard part...

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Does anyone know why the UK has 20 fluid ounces for their next unit of volume, i.e. a pint, but only 16 ounces for their next unit of weight, i.e. a pound? At least the US has some form of uniformity of 16 fluid ounces/ounces for their pint and pound.

There are 14 pounds in a stone though. And 12 inches in a foot. There isn't any consistency. Hence metric FTW.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Every time there is a history round on Pointless I get so angry at people's ignorance.

It annoys me more when they choose literature in the final round, and then can't give an answer to any of the questions. It's such a broad subject, I think you'd be mad to pick it, unless it was related something very specific to your knowledge set. 

• Like 1

Every time there is a history round on Pointless I get so angry at people's ignorance.

It annoys me more when they choose literature in the final round, and then can't give an answer to any of the questions. It's such a broad subject, I think you'd be mad to pick it, unless it was related something very specific to your knowledge set. 

Yeah, same here. Nobody ever chooses the ones that I would go for - classic American singer-songwriters, The Travelling Wilburys and 1950s jazz albums. [emoji38]

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

firstly: don't panic

second: get in early tomorrow and make a bigger better deal to cover it off

NickLeeson_468x337.jpg

no worries, my pleasure

Ha, I'n not that brave

First call of the new year to a client to tell him I had made a £100k balls up. Uggghh

4 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

The day I worry about calorie intake is the day I walk into the sea.

That's the beauty of it, CED.

With Stevo's Super Plate, it does the worrying for you!!

• Like 1

Yeah, same here. Nobody ever chooses the ones that I would go for - classic American singer-songwriters, The Travelling Wilburys and 1950s jazz albums. [emoji38]

I watched an episode of Pointless back in the UK, over Christmas. There was a Travelling Wilburys question in it.

Think they went for Elvis Presley...as in "which of these was a member of the...."

• Like 1

I watched an episode of Pointless back in the UK, over Christmas. There was a Travelling Wilburys question in it.

Think they went for Elvis Presley...as in "which of these was a member of the...."

I suppose you could say The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash) predated the Wilburys as a rock supergroup.

I watched an episode of Pointless back in the UK, over Christmas. There was a Travelling Wilburys question in it. Think they went for Elvis Presley...as in "which of these was a member of the...."

I suppose you could say The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash) predated the Wilburys as a rock supergroup.

YOU could say that. I wouldn't have the foggiest.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2016 at 12:15, mjmooney said:

I'm always surprised by how many people have this stage fright thing about public speaking. It's something I've always quite enjoyed doing.

Famously, there was some survey or other which asked Americans what they were afraid of, and far more of them chose 'public speaking' than 'death', leading some wag to suggest Americans would rather be in the coffin than doing the eulogy. 

(sorry, I'm catching up)

Â