Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I wouldn't "like" them to wear anything in particular (ooh-er!) but as I said, it just strikes me as grown men taking themselves far, far, far too seriously. Do you not find grown men in full football team kit a little bit pathetic? Are you familiar with the term "full kit rocket polisher"?This is the same thing IMO. Sorry if this particular thing-that-pisses-me-off-that-shouldn't has upset you.

Edited by JB
  • Like 2

Yep, as I said, you obviously entitled you your opinion but just bear in mind:- nearly all cycling kit is made of lycra; the lycra  shorts have a chamois leather 'patch' in them to avoid soreness in a vital area; a lot of the 'trade team' kit is very bright which is what you need to aid motorists to see you. I agree, I would find it odd to see grown men walking round in full football kit; but then they aren't playing football ! Just out of interest, my club kit is sponsored and thus could appear as you described.

I guess I am just in a bad mood ' cos some moron in a Fiesta came up behind me this morning, blasting his horn whilst one of his mentally defective passengers leaned right out of the window bellowing incoherently - his baseball cap almost blew off !! AND those knobs have just chucked away a 2 goal lead.     That is all !!  

• Like 1

People who exaggerate their sneezes or who sneeze too loudly. Clearing in the woods who sits behind me is a prime example and he does that double sneeze as loud as he possibly can and often. Sounds like a gun going off at times ! I really think it's attention seeking.

Then again, he's a man utd fan from Nuneaton, a gobby one at that. Why am I not surprised ?

• Like 2

People who exaggerate their sneezes or who sneeze too loudly. Clearing in the woods who sits behind me is a prime example and he does that double sneeze as loud as he possibly can and often. Sounds like a gun going off at times ! I really think it's attention seeking.

Then again, he's a man utd fan from Nuneaton, a gobby one at that. Why am I not surprised ?

There's an absolute bell-end in our office who sneezes ridiculously loudly. He sounds like a Quarterback starting a play. I want to volley him in the jaw every time he does it. He's also really creepy and has lived with his mother his entire life. He's in his 50s.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Guy across the road from me lives with his mum, he to is in his 50's, works in Carpet Right, nothing wrong with that.

But he has a growling VW Golf and if ever he tricks you into some pavement conversation he has to mention he's had his dub chipped. It can do 300mph or some such, he's had it chipped, it's got more bhp than a Dodge Viper because he's had it chipped. When he drives off in the morning, he screams it down to the roundabout, he can do that because he's had it chipped.

But all I can think, is yeah, but you're older than me and you live with your mum.

• Like 2

Going slightly "On Topic", but a lad I've known for a while, and previously had never mentioned football, suddenly proclaimed himself the world's biggest Leicester City fan (funny he never mentioned it, when they were in the Championship), and is currently going on like they're going to win the league (I honestly think he's believe they're going to be up near the top 4 all season). Suffice to say he peppered my Facebook with messages about how wonderful they are, and how shit we are, but without any class or understanding of the way you'd normally have banter with your mate. I normally get on with him, so can't really tell him to **** off. I've just chosen to ignore him, but could quite happily smack him in the mouth right about now, and call him a word removed.  

Guy across the road from me lives with his mum, he to is in his 50's, works in Carpet Right, nothing wrong with that.

But he has a growling VW Golf and if ever he tricks you into some pavement conversation he has to mention he's had his dub chipped. It can do 300mph or some such, he's had it chipped, it's got more bhp than a Dodge Viper because he's had it chipped. When he drives off in the morning, he screams it down to the roundabout, he can do that because he's had it chipped.

But all I can think, is yeah, but you're older than me and you live with your mum.

I think this topic of conversation is trying, and failing, to make up for the yawning sadness of his life. I kind of pity him really. 

Worse is when people get annoyed at you for not saying 'bless you'.

I've had worse than that. One office I worked in recently had a woman who would shout bless you if anyone in the office sneezed (and it's a big office so sometimes "shouted" mean literally shouted)

Then she'd get really annoyed if people didn't say thank you.

So not someone who gets annoyed at people who don't say bless you. But somebody who gets annoyed at people who don't say thank you after somebody says bless you.

(She's also the one who had a calendar counting down to christmas. She even intorduced herself by saying "I love Christmas".

It was August.)

• Like 2

A cretin on the other side of the office has been off for months and is back in this morning. She's going through her emails deleting them one by one and it's making that 'error' or 'warning' sound or whatever is.

It's been every couple of seconds since 8 o'clock.

You might see me on the news later.

• Like 2

Â