Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Everytime I board a plane now it annoys me beyond belief that people can get away with pretty much full size suitcases as hand luggage. Even more so when they insist on squeezing them into the overhead rack while everyone else is left queuing behind them.

Just been on a plane (checked baggage allowance was 23kg so hardly restricted with what can be checked into the hold) where someone with one of these ridiculous cases was last on, and went through the whole plane looking into the overhead area, seeing there were no spaces and was obviously waiting for someone to move their normal sized bag for them.

It's got to the point now where I will scout out everyone's hand luggage before even boarding the flight, in a state of 'pre-annoyance' and part of me can't wait for the day when the opportunity arises for me to be asked to move my backpack by someone with a ridiculous case, I've had the speech prepared for the last couple of years and just need the moment where I can demand the flight assistant gets a measuring tape and checks the dimensions of the idiots bag.

• Like 1

Yeah bugs me to , hand luggage should be restricted to a phone a wallet a laptop/ tablet device aand if the flight is over 5 hours then extended to a family size packet

of revels and a book ... Anything else gets checked in the hold

Interestingly I've seen papers from experts in the airline industry that suggest they should increase cabin luggage size as it's not fair to charge passengers to check bags in

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

People who say "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" on top of what you're still saying to them, as soon as they think they've got the jist of what you're saying. Rude words removed.  We've got one of them in here.  You're not clever.  You're oblivious to your total lack of social and conversational grace.  Let a person speak.  It's kind of how this works.

So there we were last night, looking for something to watch on TV, and the missus says: "I fancy watching an Ingmar Bergman movie - have you got any on DVD?"

Surprisingly, I haven't. I knew that NetFlix is too resolutely lowbrow to have such a thing, but then I had a barinwave - complete movies on YouTube! Sure enough, several B&W Bergman classics from the 60s. So we settle down to watch "Winter Light".

Now this film is not exactly a barrel of laughs, but hey, it's Bergman. And it's only 1 hr 20 minutes.

Except for one thing - the YouTube version is 1 hr 15 minutes - it stops just short of the end. Whaaaat??? Checking the user comments (why didn't I do that first) several people complain about it. FFS.

Wild Strawberries is an ideal film for your time of life. :)

Seen it.

And I've just binned NetFlix and switched to Amazon Prime, which will now finally work with Chromecast (and coincidentally, has a few Bergmans).

People who say "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" on top of what you're still saying to them, as soon as they think they've got the jist of what you're saying. Rude words removed.  We've got one of them in here.  You're not clever.  You're oblivious to your total lack of social and conversational grace.  Let a person speak.  It's kind of how this works.

I have a friend who does this, and it irritates the **** out of me. 

I do it. I can't stop. I also laugh when people are quite obviously about to make a funny. I'm laughing way too early, because I know you're making an attempt at humour, and I can't help myself. Even before you're half way through the joke, I've decided what I think they joke you're making is going to be and I'm already laughing at that. Half heartedly. Even though I'm usually completely wrong. I'm laughing at Who's There? 

The yeah thing is really annoying. yeah yeah yeah. As if I've got this sixth sense about what you're going to say. I don't. I just know that whatever it is, my reaction is going to be yeah yeah yeah. HELP ME!!!

It doesn't even translate as "I know what you're saying. I'm totally with you". It translate as "ok shut up now, shut up shut up shut up shut up my turn".

• Like 2

Yeah bugs me to , hand luggage should be restricted to a phone a wallet a laptop/ tablet device aand if the flight is over 5 hours then extended to a family size packet

of revels and a book ... Anything else gets checked in the hold

Interestingly I've seen papers from experts in the airline industry that suggest they should increase cabin luggage size as it's not fair to charge passengers to check backs in

It bugs me on a long haul flight where you have checked bags. If you've got a 20kg bag you shouldn't need a full size case as hand luggage as well.

But on short hop flights where it charges twice as much to take a bag than it does for the ticket itself, then I'm as guilty as anyone for taking a big bag as hand luggage. 

Just watched a little promo for the Scottish football league which finished with a shot of Celtic winning the championship and a commentator screaming "Beyond their wildest dreams!".

Haha, whatever. The Scottish league is such a joke.

• Like 1

Just watched a little promo for the Scottish football league which finished with a shot of Celtic winning the championship and a commentator screaming "Beyond their wildest dreams!".

Haha, whatever. The Scottish league is such a joke.

"And there we have it! Celtic have achieved something that no-one has ever dreamt about, but is definitely an achievement, none-the-less. Good night".

Something like that would do it.

Diafiltration.

So unbelievely boring.

I've been watching a few pressure gauges not moving for 5 hours, accompanied by the continuous brain melting whir of a pump head, and its still got 3 more hours to go.

Edited by jjaacckk91

People who speak about the Euro in multiples and use "euros", sorry folks if its 1 or 37, it is always just euro. Can't tell if ignorance or stupidity though I'm quite certain an element of both is included.

People who speak about the Euro in multiples and use "euros", sorry folks if its 1 or 37, it is always just euro. Can't tell if ignorance or stupidity though I'm quite certain an element of both is included.

euro is the officially correct term, but both euro and euros are considered acceptable in general parlance 

The euro should also not be capitalised, that might display a level of ignorance or stupidity  ;)

Overall, I don't think people really care to be honest  :)

Edited by Xela

Â