Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

There's this girl at work, really cute and absolutely lovely to boot. We have lots of things in common and she's great to talk to, very artsy and passionate about the things she loves.

I met her boyfriend recently. He's a financial analyst, intensely boring and incredibly awkward socially. He's also not attractive in the slightest (I mean beauty if in the eye of the beholder, but seriously, you should see this guy). He might be a nice guy, but I just wouldn't pair these two up at all. To say he is punching above his weight is an understatement.

Yet THIS guy gets an awesome girl like her to fall for him, and I seem to be struggling a lot in that department as of late. Fair play to the fella, but it still pisses me off (and shouldn't).

He's probably hung like Lex Steele 

There's this girl at work, really cute and absolutely lovely to boot. We have lots of things in common and she's great to talk to, very artsy and passionate about the things she loves.

I met her boyfriend recently. He's a financial analyst, intensely boring and incredibly awkward socially. He's also not attractive in the slightest (I mean beauty if in the eye of the beholder, but seriously, you should see this guy). He might be a nice guy, but I just wouldn't pair these two up at all. To say he is punching above his weight is an understatement.

Yet THIS guy gets an awesome girl like her to fall for him, and I seem to be struggling a lot in that department as of late. Fair play to the fella, but it still pisses me off (and shouldn't).

There's your clue.

If being cold and alone on Christmas day had a taste, it'd be the taste of Malted Milk biscuits. Just look at them. The shittest biscuit.

Are you trying to say my life tastes of a malted milk biscuit?

I had the age old conversation today about how I've only been abroad once when I was 4 and had chickenpox and I've not been on a proper holiday since I was 11 (I'm now 30). Why can't some people understand that holidays just ain't for everyone, the only place in the world I would want to go to would be Texas, I'm happy shutting the world out and spending 2 weeks solid in my flat.

• Like 1

If being cold and alone on Christmas day had a taste, it'd be the taste of Malted Milk biscuits. Just look at them. The shittest biscuit.

Are you trying to say my life tastes of a malted milk biscuit?

I had the age old conversation today about how I've only been abroad once when I was 4 and had chickenpox and I've not been on a proper holiday since I was 11 (I'm now 30). Why can't some people understand that holidays just ain't for everyone, the only place in the world I would want to go to would be Texas, I'm happy shutting the world out and spending 2 weeks solid in my flat.

Is there a reason you wouldn't travel? Not trolling, just interested. Also, don't mean travel the world, living in huts, eating droppings and malted milk, more European holidays and nice hotels.

I'm a brummie, yeah B23 isn't as Brummie as it used to be but I have no reason to leave here, when I lock myself away a draw the curtains in the middle of the day and put my music on full blast I can go anywhere in the world (and beyond if needs be)

I'm more than comfortable with my lot, I don't need to travel the four corners of the earth to find one week of happiness when I can find it in my living room.

different outlooks for different people I suppose

take tonight for example, a few of my mates have gone out for a drink but I know that it will involve dickheads in crowded bars and these days I have a pretty short fuse so I've stayed in with a nice bottle of rum and music of my choice and I reckon I've had a better night with my own company that them lot have trying to force a good night, same thing goes for holidays, if you are a social beast then you will be fine, if you are a secluded  monster like myself then there would be nothing worse

take tonight for example, a few of my mates have gone out for a drink but I know that it will involve dickheads in crowded bars and these days I have a pretty short fuse so I've stayed in with a nice bottle of rum and music of my choice and I reckon I've had a better night with my own company that them lot have trying to force a good night, same thing goes for holidays, if you are a social beast then you will be fine, if you are a secluded monster like myself then there would be nothing worse

I am 90‰ in agreement but too pissed to explain the important 10% Travel CAN be fantastic, but you gotta do it right yo

Holidays don't have to be about drinking though Leemond, I'm not a big drinker myself, but I love a holiday in the sun, relaxing by the pool, having a walk around the beach and surrounding towns etc

If you're there with a group of burks, then yeah, it would be dreadful. But if you were there either on your own or with someone who's company you enjoyed and interests were the same, it would surely be enjoyable.

• Like 2

I know its different strokes for different folks but its hard for me to comprehend that people don't want to travel, or at least have nice holidays abroad.

Most of my best experiences in life have been a result of my travels. Meeting wonderful people, seeing fantastic things and having some absolute amazing nights out. The memories of my adventures will be treasured for the rest of my days and even now I sometimes think back to some of things I've done and it brings a smile to my face. Seeing the world has definitely made me a better and more rounded person and my biggest regret is not doing more of it when I was younger!  :)

However there is a time and a place as well for locking yourself away for the weekend and watching TV and masturbating, which coincidentally is what my weekend will mainly be made up of! 

• Like 2

Over the last few years, under duress, I've been to Rome, Athens, NAples, Los Angeles, Toyko, Oslo, Stockholm, Gothenburg...Honestly, I'd rather stay at home.

I would much rather spend a couple of grand at home, on things I'll enjoy all year round and have a couple of weeks at home, then **** off abroad for 2 weeks. For the price of a week or two abroad, I could buy an amazing gaming PC, or a kickass surround sound system and TV that I'd enjoy every single day.

Edited by Davkaus

I know its different strokes for different folks but its hard for me to comprehend that people don't want to travel, or at least have nice holidays abroad.

Most of my best experiences in life have been a result of my travels. Meeting wonderful people, seeing fantastic things and having some absolute amazing nights out. The memories of my adventures will be treasured for the rest of my days and even now I sometimes think back to some of things I've done and it brings a smile to my face. Seeing the world has definitely made me a better and more rounded person and my biggest regret is not doing more of it when I was younger! :)

However there is a time and a place as well for locking yourself away for the weekend and watching TV and masturbating, which coincidentally is what my weekend will mainly be made up of!

Tonight I've been to a BBQ with Hungarians , Iranians , Indians and Americans ... It's great that you can talk a little bit with them about their countries , it's people it's politics etc

True you don't have to have actually visited these countries to do these things but it helps I think if you have an interest in travel and the countries concerned , i could talk to the Iranian guy with at least a little bit of knowledge about his country of birth and likewise with the Hungarians... It turned out today that the Indian guy i was talking to was a Punjab and I've been there and he hasn't :)

My mates from way way back will always be my mates but they have no desire to travel and no real knowledge of the world outside of England , it means nights out involve talking about football , girls and stuff on TV ... Don't get me wrong I enjoy those nights as well but sometimes it's good to take the conversation up a notch , tonight was one of those nights , beer and football just wouldn't have cut it

• Like 3

Â