Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

What an awful waste of money to have Apple everything. Seriously. Is this some hipster school?

Anyway... My nan has been put in a home and so my relatives have been clearing her and my gramp's (who died over a year ago) house out and it's just interesting to see certain relatives who never bothered to go round and visit or help out when my gramp was still alive and nan was at home now turning up to see what they can take, not for sentimental value but looking for things that are still new or might be worth something. I'll leave the vultures to it.

Also, one cousin has apparently cut her work days down to 4 days per week because 5 days were just too much for her. She's a receptionist for a small company. And my aunt's parter has just bought her and her husband a house! She has such a hard life...

I might hire some Bulgarians to be my new relatives.

Tonev might soon be available.

• Like 2

What an awful waste of money to have Apple everything. Seriously. Is this some hipster school?

Anyway... My nan has been put in a home and so my relatives have been clearing her and my gramp's (who died over a year ago) house out and it's just interesting to see certain relatives who never bothered to go round and visit or help out when my gramp was still alive and nan was at home now turning up to see what they can take, not for sentimental value but looking for things that are still new or might be worth something. I'll leave the vultures to it.

Also, one cousin has apparently cut her work days down to 4 days per week because 5 days were just too much for her. She's a receptionist for a small company. And my aunt's parter has just bought her and her husband a house! She has such a hard life...

Yeah money does that sadly

Guy works for me his uncle died and being a bit confused left it to Anthony Peter xxxxx living in Australia who he's never met instead of to Peter Anthony xxxxx who used to regularly visit him... Needless to say Oz bloke has kept the money .... But as my mate has 1 brother and 2 sisters who also got left money by the uncle they all agreed they would pool their money and share it equally between the 4 of them.... Until Christmas Day when 2 members of the family didn't turn up for the family dinner , deleted my mate from Facebook etc and sent a text to say they've decided to not split their share of the money ... Not talking fortunes around £10k each but shameful hearing how his sisters have behaved

Yeah money does that sadly

Guy works for me his uncle died and being a bit confused left it to Anthony Peter xxxxx living in Australia who he's never met instead of to Peter Anthony xxxxx who used to regularly visit him... Needless to say Oz bloke has kept the money .... But as my mate has 1 brother and 2 sisters who also got left money by the uncle they all agreed they would pool their money and share it equally between the 4 of them.... Until Christmas Day when 2 members of the family didn't turn up for the family dinner , deleted my mate from Facebook etc and sent a text to say they've decided to not split their share of the money ... Not talking fortunes around £10k each but shameful hearing how his sisters have behaved

Few years back my great-great-Aunt was in the final throws of her life. I'd go round every weekend and help her out with her garden. Ring before hand and ask if she wanted anything bringing in from the shop (usually a bottle of whiskey!) etc. We always got on very well.

She had no children. My mum would visit her a lot, more than anyone else. Nobody else was around to see/help her.

When she passed away she left my mum a big chunk of money which is fair enough and also my younger brother £20k. Me and my older brother were left nothing. My younger brother who lives in Sheffield hadn't seen her for years but was her god son.

Do you think he split it with his brothers? Did he ****. 

I certainly wasn't helping her for the financial recognition. I just think it was pretty poor from from my brother to not offer anything to his other brothers considering they got nothing.

A religious woman at work to me just: "You actually think those protein drinks are good for you? You actually believe that?"

Felt like chucking it over her.

Sorry to any religious people on here, but come on, how can she say that?

Edited by Paddywhack

A religious woman at work to me just: "You actually think those protein drinks are good for you? You actually believe that?"

Remember to say

"Where is your God now ? "

When you do

A religious woman at work to me just: "You actually think those protein drinks are good for you? You actually believe that?"

Because as a religious person she has practiced the art of hypocrisy and self-delusion.  It never enters her mind that what she's saying might be ironic, because what she believes is completely beyond questioning.

• Like 1

A religious woman at work to me just: "You actually think those protein drinks are good for you? You actually believe that?"

Remember to say

"Where is your God now ? "

When you do

Or just ask her to explain where her God was when Jimmy Savile was buggering kiddies. 

My Nan used to look after her Dad when he was in his 90's. She was one of 7 children but the only one who actually looked after him when he got old. She lived over the road from him and used to do his breakfast, lunch and dinner. A bit like the TV series 'Bread' when the Grandad used to live next door (if anyone remembers). Anyway, he was renowned for having bundles of cash all over his house, envelopes stuffed full of £50 notes etc. The other 6 children never used to bother with him and had all moved away. When news of his death came through they swarmed back like locusts. My Nan didn't think anything of the money and was just interested in organising a good funeral and then would worry about the house sale and split of the cash / assets when that was out the way. Unsurprisingly when it came to emptying the house for the sale, all the money and valuable antiques were gone! Never knew which one of her brothers or sisters it was but its just disappointing. My Nan didn't want it all, she'd have happy to split it 7 ways along with the house sale. Money does funny things to people

• Like 1

Sky news app has headline about a new planet found that is " Earths Twin "

Followed by the main story where they spell out how its nothing like earth , twice the size , unable to sustain life etc etc

So that would be Not earths tiwn then ...

Â