Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Scary Movie was a really good spoof movie. Part 3 (no wayans brothers) was my favorite. And did you guys ever watch In Living Color?!?!?! THAT was awesome. Anything else they've done I don't much care for.

• Like 1

Well I can tell you adverts don't always follow the end of a down. The clock management and the stop start nature of the sport can make it frustrating and inaccessible to a beginner if you don't know how and why things are happening in the context of the game.

Anyhoo, I'm not here to change your mind. The sport is probably not for you. There's quite a lot involved in getting up to speed properly with NFL and it's fantastic when you get to that point.

Indeed. I look forward to NFL Sundays, Red Zone and the Seahawks more than I do MOTD and the Villa atm.

A rectal exam is more enjoyable than the Villa atm. I do like NFL but think I would enjoy it a lot more if I had a team to follow. I've never really invested in one particular team

pssssst seahawks

Mate, come and join me and get involved with following the Patriots. As they're the 'closest' team to Birmingham, they're effectively your local team. You know the rules on following your local team ;)

Well I find that understanding what is going on usually enhances my viewing experience. Unless you watched it with someone who knew the sport, you had no chance of knowing enough to enjoy it. Which makes it no surprise to me that you don't like it. Which is fine. It's the subsequent attempt to discredit the sport that I find amusing given that, with all due respect, you don't actually know what you're talking about and it would be hubris to claim that you do :-)

I agree. I couldn't get into it until I watched a game at Wembley with a mate who knows his stuff. After seeing the game with someone who was providing a live anaylsis/explanation of what was going on, I realised it could be a sport I could easily enjoy watching. Now I love it!

I still don't understand all of the intricacies, but I'm learning new stuff all the time, and I find the learning process really interesting.

The passing side of it is so skilled; when you get an appreciation for this, it's bloody exciting to watch - even if they're are pauses between the downs. Also, the athleticism of some of the players when they receive a pass and set off on a run is exhilirating. As is watching their team mates charge along side them, protecting their run and blocking the opposition. Or when you see a defence sack a quarterback or shut down an offensive play. It really is a great sport.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Well I can tell you adverts don't always follow the end of a down. The clock management and the stop start nature of the sport can make it frustrating and inaccessible to a beginner if you don't know how and why things are happening in the context of the game.

Anyhoo, I'm not here to change your mind. The sport is probably not for you. There's quite a lot involved in getting up to speed properly with NFL and it's fantastic when you get to that point.

Indeed. I look forward to NFL Sundays, Red Zone and the Seahawks more than I do MOTD and the Villa atm.

A rectal exam is more enjoyable than the Villa atm. I do like NFL but think I would enjoy it a lot more if I had a team to follow. I've never really invested in one particular team

pssssst seahawks

Mate, come and join me and get involved with following the Patriots. As they're the 'closest' team to Birmingham, they're effectively your local team. You know the rules on following your local team ;)

haha funny joke :-)

Completely agree with you BOF, there is a period of getting up to speed required to really appreciate American Football. Whenever I hear friends complaining about how long and boring it is, I always tell them that if they learned a few of the rules and understood why they choose a certain play in the context of the situation, they'd probably enjoy it a lot more. I tell them that often it's a lot like a game of chess considering the tactics involved and they laugh at me. Uneducated swines.

I don't really have a team either, but I quite like that to some extent. I can watch any game and appreciate it for what it is, but conversely, I don't get quite as much enjoyment as I do when Villa win. I have a couple of teams I like to see do well. Ravens because they won the first ever game I watched on TV and were the first jersey I got (the black alternate top which is one of my favourites) and Saints because they were the home team the first time I saw them at Wembley against the Chargers and it was an amazing game. Brees was on fire that night, great memories. Unfortunately every other Wembley game I've been to hasn't really matched up.

Â