Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Pisses me off how well respected media companies write headlines and stories that are not accurate, especially when it can affect public opinions. Just one I saw today is the 'robot' plane used on the BBC website, people think that this implies artificial intelligence and can lead to public disturbances like at RAF Waddington earlier this year. They are actually UAV's or drones and are either pre programmed and/or remotely operated by people, not the first time the BBC and other media has written or titled stories irresponsibly though, but it grinds me each time.

Edited by villaguy

The 'trickle down effect'. What a load of dingleberries. Thankfully it is no longer used, instead we get its mate, 'Wealth creators'. Yeah, they create it for themselves, you pricks.

I'm always suspicious of a job that has a remit of 'use money to make money'. As in, literally use money to make money.

Gambling and lying, usually.

Or, if you're a city dickhead, 'analyzing the market, market fluctuations, stock options and futures trading, margin call volatility statistics' etc etc etc.

Yeah yeah, I get it, quantum mechanics and gambling makes you lots of money and I'm jealous because I can't do it!

The 'trickle down effect'. What a load of dingleberries. Thankfully it is no longer used, instead we get its mate, 'Wealth creators'. Yeah, they create it for themselves, you pricks.

May favorite explanation of the trickle down bullshit theory which is used to attempt to justify the unjust economic system we've seen governments slobber over for the last 30 years is this...

The rich are like a thoroughbred race horse, the poor are like rats or other such vermin, now if you overfeed oats to a horse some of the oats will pass through undigested, the rats and vermin can sift through the shit of the horse and survive by eating the undigested oats out of the horse excrement. so it's good for the vermin at the bottom if you overfeed the horse at the top with much more than it could ever need and the more you overfeed it the better for the rats who get more crap to live off.

Amazing what crap people will come out with to try to justify their greed and unjust wealth accumulation, especially when they definitely don't create wealth, they just accumulate it.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

anyhow something that pisses me off that really shouldn't

Iain Duncan Smith, after all he may be a lying psychopathic persecutor of the poor, the sick and the disabled, but underneath it all he is a dim witted fucktard,I see him a bit like the Tory parties Village idiot, Someone who's been given a bit of power as an in joke, yet runs around machine gunning stupid ideas out of his arse and implementing them, and no matter how imbecilic they are proven to be, He really "believes he's right". He's someone who I really shouldn't give a toss about, but something about his face is so smack-able

• Like 1

There's something about wannabe "guitarists" who bring their guitars around everywhere - but only end up stringing up a few notes together whenever they play - that pisses me off.

Ha! Nah, the poseurs (I feel guilty for calling them that, some of them are my friends) I'm talking about don't even play 10% as well as the dude in the clip, 91.

When I said that they were merely stringing a few clumsy notes together, I wasn't being hyperbolic.

Currently having a right eyelid that is swollen and red and looks like I got a box :(

I'm beginning to think I should probably go to the doctor at this stage *sigh* Bye bye €50+prescription.
  • Like 1

Currently having a right eyelid that is swollen and red and looks like I got a box :(

I'm beginning to think I should probably go to the doctor at this stage *sigh* Bye bye €50+prescription.

50 euros for going to the docs?

i thought Ireland had an equivalent of the NHS?

also, does having to pay for a doctors appointment mean nobody goes to the doctors unless/until its really serious?

i thought Ireland had an equivalent of the NHS?

Nope. You should be appreciative of your NHS! Although we've a stupid amount of medical cards over here which I think makes the GP free. I don't have one.

also, does having to pay for a doctors appointment mean nobody goes to the doctors unless/until its really serious?

Yes exactly and it's €100 to go to an A&E, which causes the same dilemma but in usually more serious circumstances.

Â