Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yeah, well.. The Cable Guy!

I've got nothing...

Doesn't usually stop you :)

IronyMeter1.gif

And there was me assuming you thought irony was like "goldy" and "bronzy" only it's made out of iron.

Yawn.

Just had a panic attack. Easily the most terrifying experience of my life.

Take it easy, mate. I know from bitter experience how bad they can be.

I'm fine now but Jesus Christ I genuinely thought I was dying. Definitely something you don't appreciate until its happened to you. Scariest experience ever.

I've only had one panic attack in my life, it was at download festival,was watching metallica on stage and I was smack bang in the middle of thousands and thousands of people.

I was fine for twenty minutes until I started thinking about getting crushed, escape routes etc... started breathing fast and heavy, sweating and overheating so just closed my eyes and pushed to the edge to get out which must have took 5 minutes then got some water and felt fine after. Was scary at the time.

I'm fine now but Jesus Christ I genuinely thought I was dying. Definitely something you don't appreciate until its happened to you. Scariest experience ever.

What brought it on?

Absolutely nothing. Was sat in my car, then started feeling weird. Heart beat fast, couldn't breathe, couldn't swallow, felt like I was going to die, no joke. Got in my car, drove down the road into a car park, circled it a few times, got back on the main road and went back to the car park. Lasted about an hour in total. Awful.

Sounds like everyone's had it. It doesn't properly go away for a long time, not until you get your head around it.

I had about 4 years of it, most nights. Mine was brought on from heart palpitations which made me think I was about to die all the time.

The only thing that 100% works until you can mentally control it is the oxygen starvation with a paper bag way.

Good luck.

Absolutely nothing. Was sat in my car, then started feeling weird. Heart beat fast, couldn't breathe, couldn't swallow, felt like I was going to die, no joke. Got in my car, drove down the road into a car park, circled it a few times, got back on the main road and went back to the car park. Lasted about an hour in total. Awful.

You felt fit enough to drive?

I had one in what I thought were pretty inconspicuous circumstances.

I was doing my CELTA qualification at the time and it had been pretty stressful because of the time-limit but I thought the work was pretty easy. It was the last day of the course so we were all milling around waiting for our results. The thing was, I needed this result to find a job in Turkey and be with my then girlfriend (now wife). I was ok with this because we all knew we'd passed and the result was never really in doubt. Then I got massive doubts in my mind: What if I didn't pass? What if I couldn't move to Turkey? What if I can't be with my girlfriend?

The course coordinator said everything was fine and all in hand but he stopped short of giving us our certificates, due to the CELTA regulation. Then I start flapping around. Cold sweats, fast heart beat, all the people in the room became blurry and their voices turned into one loud noise. I sat down and my breathing was becoming extremely fast and irregular. They had to drag me out the room and give me a paper bag. Luckily the woman who sat with me has a masters in Psychology and said some magical things and after a few minutes the attack stopped. She somehow managed to turn this into a session of therapy and, to a woman I'd known for a few weeks I was saying things that I'd never told my closest family or friends. 

Relaxation is the key...mental not physical. I once had a panic attack that was on and off for a week!! Awful feeling.

Since I cut down considerably on my alcohol intake they have never really returned...funny that!!

I always feel anxiety after a big night of drinking 

That's what alcohol does. I've actually gotten hammered at least once a week for the last 4 weeks and it has had a demonstrable affect on my mood, including depression and anxiety... Time to lay of the liquor until Christmas.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Been a rather stressful couple of weeks work wise so mate of mine said let's ditch the kids and spend the day fishing The idea of sitting around doing nothing and also peace and quiet from the kids was quite appealing We have the same bait , same depth and are fishing a few feet apart , he's caught carp , bream , tench galore ... I've caught 5 poxy roach that I reckon the maggot strangled they were so small He even caught a fish whilst he just dropped his rod in the water after having caught one and was looking to wipe his hands !! So much for de-stressing , I'm about ready to chuck some dynamite in the water at the little f@&kers

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â