Jed Steer

samjp26

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Do you disagree? There’s nothing wrong with Nylands shot stopping. He is very athletic. He has all the ability he needs. His problems are mental. Stick Jeds brain in Nylands head and you would have a very good gk

Forest at home.

5 shots on target. 5 goals conceded.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Leicester away

Don't care about the mickey mouse cup

We need him to perform in the league. Let in 6 against Citeh and has looked like a clown post lock down

Edited by villalad21

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We need him to perform in the league. Let in 6 against Citeh and has looked like a clown post lock down

I am not saying that Nyland is the answer in fact I am sure he is not. I am also sure that Steer is not the answer. 
Not sure how you can be so blasé about the league cup. It has played a major part in our history and was also the last proper trophy that we won. I know because I was there. I suspect you were not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Do you disagree? There’s nothing wrong with Nylands shot stopping. He is very athletic. He has all the ability he needs. His problems are mental. Stick Jeds brain in Nylands head and you would have a very good gk

Jed makes a lot of mistakes as well.   Neither is good enough for where we want to be competing 

edit - saw your follow where you agreed with that

Edited by mikeyp102

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Jed makes a lot of mistakes as well.  Either is good enough for where we want to be competing 

Did you mean neither? If so, I totally agree. Our goal keepers have been rubbish for years. Hopefully Tom will come back as good as ever and solve the problem.

• Like 1

Jed is a very good keeper trouble is he just cant stay fit.

With 4 keepers on the books it would be crazy to buy one more when there are so many other positions that need sorting.

Either we need to sell everyone but Heaton or play them until Heaton is fit. He should be back in a couple of months so don't think we should be spending 15-20% of our budget on yet another keeper

I'd start the season with Jed in goal, if he makes a massive mistake/gets injured then bring Nyland in.

12 minutes ago, Junxs said:

With 4 keepers on the books it would be crazy to buy one more when there are so many other positions that need sorting.

Either we need to sell everyone but Heaton or play them until Heaton is fit. He should be back in a couple of months so don't think we should be spending 15-20% of our budget on yet another keeper

I'd start the season with Jed in goal, if he makes a massive mistake/gets injured then bring Nyland in.

We could always loan a keeper.

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not true. Jed has made some absolute worldie saves in his short stint.

Yep that one he tipped onto the crossbar in the Albion first leg infront of the Holte end was one of the best we've seen from a Villa keeper in recent years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

6 against City when facing about 30 shots nothing to be ashamed of. And none of his mistakes cost us unlike reina's who could have gotten us relegated on the last day with his inability to step back and make a simple catch. 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

6 against City when facing about 30 shots nothing to be ashamed of. And none of his mistakes cost us unlike reina's who could have gotten us relegated on the last day with his inability to step back and make a simple catch. 

Simple catch is stretching it lol, but a more athletic younger keeper is definitely getting to it 

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

we would of gone down without his super save against Sheffield united! 

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

This is why I was furious we let Gollini go. I know there was some desire from him to return to Italy but we could have been more decisive in telling him to stick with it and he'll be our number 1 for years. I believe had we stuck by him he would have got us an extra 15 points in the championship in his second season and got us automatic promotion. 

Then that dream of a literal Rollercoaster ride and theme park would have come true.

But on a serious note if he was still here I think he would be worth 10 points a season in the premier League alone. 

Good keepers are so important. Our next keeper needs to have the all round game. I'd rather wait and go for a really good keeper who has excellent distribution. Germany and Brazil seem to have the best sweeper keepers atm.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

This is why I was furious we let Gollini go. I know there was some desire from him to return to Italy but we could have been more decisive in telling him to stick with it and he'll be our number 1 for years.

I thought he had made it pretty clear that he was not prepared to stick with it. We were therefore left with an unhappy keeper that wanted to be somewhere other than Villa Park. I think the club probably did the right thing for the player, sending him back to Italy on loan, with a view to him returning later, but that loan only seemed to make him more determined to leave. It doesn't often work to keep an under performing player at the club, when he wants to be elsewhere (in our case, at least). 

Turning back to today, I would go with Heaton and Jed (as number two), assuming Jed will be fit within 3 weeks and Heaton within 6.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John said:

I thought he had made it pretty clear that he was not prepared to stick with it. We were therefore left with an unhappy keeper that wanted to be somewhere other than Villa Park. I think the club probably did the right thing for the player, sending him back to Italy on loan, with a view to him returning later, but that loan only seemed to make him more determined to leave. It doesn't often work to keep an under performing player at the club, when he wants to be elsewhere (in our case, at least). 

Turning back to today, I would go with Heaton and Jed (as number two), assuming Jed will be fit within 3 weeks and Heaton within 6.  

He was unhappy because when he signed for us he made it clear he wanted an Italian goalkeeping coach so he had someone he could speak to. When Bruce came in he fired that coach and brought in a bloke from united. No wonder gollini was pissed off. 

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We  wouldn't be a PL side without him.

I find it bizarre they have so little trust in him.

Heaton should be back in a month or 2, we don't need another keeper.

He only played 11 minutes and was injured and they didn't want to risk a player playing with teammates for the first time in the final 10 games. 

Â