Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

Ahh, the 'e' word.

Knew it would come up at some point. Do some people not think fans may want to see Barry back because he is a good player and will probably have improved playing up at man city?

Maybe, just maybe, we want him back here because he is a really good player rather than the fact he has 'experience'. Such a ****' buzzword on this site at the moment.

If we want players with experience why not just keep Given and Bent?? Dunne had bags of experience also, but people were glad when he left, I just don't get it??

Did you miss Dunne being out for a whole season?

That depends if your glass is half full or half empty

The last 3 seasons the reason why yours is half full then?

If we want players with experience why not just keep Given and Bent?? Dunne had bags of experience also, but people were glad when he left, I just don't get it??

Did you miss Dunne being out for a whole season?

Precisely. I wonder if we would have conceded 69 league goals if Dunne was available last season?

Ahh, the 'e' word.

Knew it would come up at some point. Do some people not think fans may want to see Barry back because he is a good player and will probably have improved playing up at man city?

Maybe, just maybe, we want him back here because he is a really good player rather than the fact he has 'experience'. Such a ****' buzzword on this site at the moment.

Yeah its odd, its almost like we've a team/squad full of young players, players from overseas or the lower leagues without any and that at times our heads dropped and we took spankings because we didn't have anyone to get hold of them.

Odd indeed.

Ahh, the 'e' word.

Yeah its odd, its almost like we've a team/squad full of young players, players from overseas or the lower leagues without any and that at times our heads dropped and we took spankings because we didn't have anyone to get hold of them.

Odd indeed.

Barry would bring good footballing ability as well as experience, his leadership on the pitch would be priceless in those moments that Trent mentions.

• Like 1

Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Absolutely class for us, and a fine professional.

May have lost a yard of pace (lol), but can still do a job for us in the next 2 seasons.

Probably b******s though :(

• Like 1

I don't want any more old fat slow players on huge wages at the Villa again, I think we learned our lesson on this already thanks to MON's era.

Well I wouldn't mind a top 6 season again. Beats getting humiliated by the likes of Bradford and fighting for our lives at the wrong end of the table I suppose.

No thanks.  I'm quite happy with Westwood and Sylla.

I'm not. Our midfield had rings run around it all of last season. Lets not pretend we have a good team, eh?

Really? How cheery  :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

I don't want any more old fat slow players on huge wages at the Villa again, I think we learned our lesson on this already thanks to MON's era.

Well I wouldn't mind a top 6 season again. Beats getting humiliated by the likes of Bradford and fighting for our lives at the wrong end of the table I suppose.

What you think a 32 year old Gareth Barry is the difference between battling relegation and finishing top 6?

For the record I don't think we'll be doing either next season, with or without Barry.

Edited by Mantis

I'd have him back on low wages to offer a bit of experience and advice to our younger players. I wouldn't have him back as a first team player though and certainly wouldn't like to see him on any bigger wages than Westwood and Sylla pick up.. At this stage in his career I imagine he's looking for 2 things; first team footfall and decent paycheque. For that reason I just can't see this.

Hypothetical: If, IF... Gaz Baz was to to come back, would you give him the captaincy straight away?

No, the turncoat doesn't deserve to captain us.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take him back, He's 32 now and Irrespective of his wages, I just don't think he's that good anymore. Besides he's not a Lambert type of signing anyway. Rather have Luke Murphy from Crewe. 

I'd have Petrov in this years team if I could and he is 33. I would certainly take a 32 year old Barry as captain and leader of the revolution.

I wouldnt be completely against the idea and he could take over where Petrov left off quite easily I reckon but doubt it will happen. Wages would be biggest stumbling block I'd imagine and I believe Lambert can find better for cheaper.

Â