Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

Gareth Barry is wanted by former club Aston Villa, according to the Sunday People. The midfielder has just one year left on his contract at Manchester City and has been told he can leave as a part of new boss Manuel Pellegrini’s revolution.

by Peter Fraser 9:22 AM.

Link to follow.

Would you take him back? I would, much needed experience in the middle of the park that would only benefit the kids. Its just his wages that might be the stumbling block.

Edited by Si.

I'd personally take him back as think he could still offer us something on and off the pitch.

Wages a possible stumbling block and rumours are he's happy to wind down his remaining year of his contract at Citeh. Wouldn't surprise me to see him at Spudzzz (boyhood fan and wages wouldn't be an issue)

If it were a choice between GB and Scott Parker, I'd take GB back.

I think he is exactly the sort of player we could do with, a mature and experienced head in the side to give a little bit of stability and wisdom to younger legs around him. His passing would suit a 433 formation as well with pace in front of him as we already know.

I can't personally see us being in for him, it doesn't really seem likely with Lambert's approach but I know that Barry always said privately he would like to return and wanted to finish his career in the midlands.

Can't see it happening personally but I'd welcome him back.

• Like 3

I wouldn't take him back, He's 32 now and Irrespective of his wages, I just don't think he's that good anymore. Besides he's not a Lambert type of signing anyway. Rather have Luke Murphy from Crewe. 

Do you think Luke Murphy will be more equipped for the premiership next season than Gareth Barry?

Â