Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

So basically there is no difference between the experience e of Barry or Berbatov. You just rate one and think on is past it.

So nothing to do with it being "right or wrong experience" as you said previously it just comes down to your personal views on each player.

Thats actually a very good point but surely the two must be linked.

If our manager wants to bring one or two experienced players into our team (and i don't think he does) then he chooses the right player with the right ability for that position just like any other player but he must also consider the longevity of that player and if he is still effective enough to enhance the team. It will be the manager's personal opinion on that.

Concerning the hypothetical decision on Barry or Berbatov. In my opinion we need a number 10 much more than a Gareth Barry type of player because we already have a younger version of Barry at the club and would Barry now be more effective than Westwood who has a years Premiership experience behind him?

Thats what i mean by the right type of experience. Someone coming in who gives us something we haven't got in the team and is not in decline.  

Sorry but that still has nothing to do with experience and everything to do with what position in the team you think needs attention.

As for Berbatov he isn't getting better and he isn't at his peak.... so what is he?

No we're talking about the merits of bringing the right experience into our team. The right experience has to be a player or players who will contribute to the team. In my opinion Barry isn't the right type of experience because he is in decline while Berbatov was Fulham's best player last season and would contribute more to our team in a position that is needed if we are indeed looking for a number 10.

So Berbatov, is he at his peak? getting better or on the decline?

You know as well as I do it is the later.

Anyway, I'm not getting into the pointless Berbatov thing again.

Why ask me the question then in the first place?

No i don't think Berbatov is in decline especially when he scored 15 goals last season.

He was Fulham's best player last season which would suggest would it not that he isn't in decline.

So he is at his peak? Is that what you are saying?

I think Trent you're banging on a door that just won't open for you.

If our manager wants to bring one or two experienced players into our team (and i don't think he does) then he chooses the right player with the right ability for that position just like any other player but he must also consider the longevity of that player and if he is still effective enough to enhance the team. It will be the manager's personal opinion on that.

So you have blind faith in the manager, then? ;)

tumblrmkupyv2ik21rxok9e.jpg

Â