Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

Doubt wages would be a problem. He's earnt his megabucks with city for a couple of years and players know they have to take wage cuts as they get older.

Saying that, it's probably complete guff.

I wouldn't take him back, He's 32 now and Irrespective of his wages, I just don't think he's that good anymore. Besides he's not a Lambert type of signing anyway. Rather have Luke Murphy from Crewe. 

Do you think Luke Murphy will be more equipped for the premiership next season than Gareth Barry?

Yes, Barry's in decline.  Murphy is way to good for league one and If Lowton and Westwood can make the step up there's no reason why Murphy can't.

I would love for this to happen!!! We need some much needed experience and leadership in the team. Love what Lambert is doing, but again I do have some nagging concerns that we are focusing far too much on youth and promise. Just one or maybe 2 payers who had a bit of experience would allay any concerns.

Theres no way we will be signing Barry. But if we did, theres zero reason why it would mean no Murphy. They are very different players and could easily play together.

Westwood   Barry

Murphy

could easily be a good midfield. What it would mean for the likes of Delph, Sylla, Gardner, Johnson, Bacuna and (whilst he's still here) Bannan though would be a hell of a lot less first team chances.

Westwood, Delph, Sylla, KEA, Gardner, Bannan, Herd, Johnson, Carruthers and Ireland all vying for 3 positions; so don't think any more midfielders will be coming in as perhaps only 2 from that list will be leaving.

Besides don't think PL is interested in anyone over the age of 24

Its probably complete bollocks but if he would be willing to take an extreme wage cut I would have him back 100% (I'd assume he is on something like £70k+ at Citeh and we wouldn't pay more than £30k max).

Definitely think he could do a job with leadership and although he is 32 he still actually plays really well and thats at a team that won the league a couple years back.

If we were to take one player outside of our 'age range' to lead the young lads and stabilise our team from the core, I would love for it to Barry.

Its probably complete bollocks but if he would be willing to take an extreme wage cut I would have him back 100% (I'd assume he is on something like £70k+ at Citeh and we wouldn't pay more than £30k max).

Definitely think he could do a job with leadership and although he is 32 he still actually plays really well and thats at a team that won the league a couple years back.

If we were to take one player outside of our 'age range' to lead the young lads and stabilise our team from the core, I would love for it to Barry.

id love it to be giggs actually but there you go

Forget Barry sitting. Anyone who watched him in the villa team a few years back will know he is certainly an attacking threat. I'd tell him he can push on a bit with Westwood and Sylla behind him.

I love Barry. And would love him back at the right price. I know for a fact he never sold his house in the midlands when he moved up north and I still think he has a place in his heart for villa.

Would love him back. We can sign all the 22 yr olds in the world, it wouldn't hurt to have a seasoned pro in and amongst the team/training ground.

Would love this one to happen.

Edited by Delphinho123

Â