Where will we finish ?

West Brom's bogey team IS Stoke.

My Baggies supporting friends absolutely hate playing Stoke, because they lose most of the time, even at home.

I have no stats to back it up.

But I'll go for a Baggies, Stoke end of season draw.

My Baggies supporting friends absolutely hate playing Stoke, because they lose most of the time, even at home.

But I'll go for a Baggies, Stoke end of season draw.

Last 4 games between the 2 at the Borethornes: 1-0 Stoke, 1-0 Stoke, 3-0 Stoke, 2-0 Stoke. West Brom have won just 1 of the 9 Premier League meetings.

• Like 1

But I'll go for a Baggies, Stoke end of season draw.

Last 4 games between the 2 at the Borethornes: 1-0 Stoke, 1-0 Stoke, 3-0 Stoke, 2-0 Stoke. West Brom have won just 1 of the 9 Premier League meetings.

Thanks for doing my homework for me :):thumb:

• Like 1

So....one place higher than previous two seasons at 15th with three less points than last season.

That's progress.....apparently.

We finished 15th last season too. 

Oh right thought it was 16th but you're correct.

So same place with even less points, even Mantis can't argue this hasn't been regression in pretty much all aspects.

One positive was we held up reasonably well for most of this season in defence but that went to pot in the last 9 games.

With no impact additions, as it stands now, and Benteke stays: 14th.

Benteke leaves and it's another desperate battle, which we just might lose this time.

Wanted to check what I predicted in the summer, and it was easy. On the first page was the above: 14th if Benteke stays.

I know this has been a year for the pessimists, and my prediction was pessimistic at the time. Now it's still possible, but rather optimistic.

I'm going to keep quoting myself for the last couple games, sorry.

Back to 14th again. Now that we're not going down I'm hoping we can stay at least here.

12th technically still on so no applause yet.
No applause for me in the end. Quite close to 14th though, even points with Sunderland. Edited by AVTuco

I'm sticking with 6th. Bold I know but **** it.

We don't have the home form for it. Can see us being in the top 6 for away form though.

6x away wins = 18 points

4x home wins = 12 points

9 draws = 9 points

= 39 points

Wait so after winning 2 of our first 3 away games that we'll only win 4 more for the rest of the season?
I will re-judge at the end of October. Once teams work us out or if Brad fails to save us, we will not find it as easy.

Great prediction back in September from Dodgy

• Like 2

If Benteke had continued to improve after the fourth game of the season and Okore hadn't got injured so early, we could easily have taken 8th away from Southhampton if we'd signed the CAM/playmaker most of us were expecting.

As it was we lost those two and the rest of the squad isn't good enough to do more than tread water. WITH those two I think we have easily an 8th to 10th side, and minus one from 8th to 10th for every good signing we make this summer.

If 

Aha, there's that word again!

If I had a £1 for every time it's been used on this site this season, I could buy the club and install a manager who wouldn't buy such crap and get such disappointing results as Lambert.

I'm sticking with 6th. Bold I know but **** it.

We don't have the home form for it. Can see us being in the top 6 for away form though.

6x away wins = 18 points

4x home wins = 12 points

9 draws = 9 points

= 39 points

Wait so after winning 2 of our first 3 away games that we'll only win 4 more for the rest of the season?
I will re-judge at the end of October. Once teams work us out or if Brad fails to save us, we will not find it as easy.
Great prediction back in September from Dodgy

I'd be pleased to be so close, if it wasn't so sad.

• Like 1

Going back through this thread just shows why people are disappointed with where we ended up - the vast majority expected quite a bit better than we got, so it's not surprise that a lot of them want Lambert out. 3 fewer points and the same league finish isn't good enough though, that's for damn sure.

Â