Where will we finish ?

I still think we'll end up roughly where we're at right now come the end of the season. We'll have bad games, like yesterday's game, shocking games, like when we beat Man C, and generally solid games, like when we beat WBA (mmm that game was great).

We lost to a champions League contender after 3 decent to good performances in a row. We're still inconsistent so we were due a bad one.

Not ideal, but I haven't seen anythign to convince me we'll move much from where we are now.

• Like 3

We lost to a champions League contender after 3 decent to good performances in a row. We're still inconsistent so we were due a bad one.

Not ideal, but I haven't seen anythign to convince me we'll move much from where we are now.

you must be new to Villatalk ;)

• Like 1

then again West Ham could have Carroll out and Newcastle missing Remy and Cabaye gone and a nervy home crowd. Id be pissed if dont get 7 points from these 4 games

Knowing our luck Carroll card will be rescinded, Remy is back against us. I agree 7 points is the target but I just remember the Xmas period without Vlaar we were targeting the same amount of points and failed to get them.

Hopefully we can secure near a points tally in the mid 30s in the next four games. That'd give us a good platform in which to build on and see how far up the table we can finish, rather than looking down all of the time. The loss to Everton was very disappointing, but it's not completely effed everything. Regardless of injuries, they're fantastic at home and are currently 5th, so we shouldn't be too pessimistic yet. It's games like the next 4 that we need to be getting results from, and if we do, then we'll be fine. If we do win those sort of games, then probably 10th/11th (ish) is what we'd be looking at, which I'd be pretty darn happy with as that's obvious progress.

• Like 1

So we've got the following fixtures left, we're currently on 27 points with a -7 GD:

West Ham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Newcastle (A)

Norwich (H)

Man City (A)

Chelsea (H)

Stoke (H)

Man United (A)

Fulham (H)

Palace (A)

Southampton (H)

Swansea (A)

Hull (H)

Spurs (A)

8 out of our 14 fixtures against teams that are lower than us, 5 of which are at home and 4 of which are against the bottom 4 clubs. I know it isn't black and white in football but we really should be picking up wins in the majority of those games (against the teams lower than ourselves). Even if we only win half of them that would put us on 39 points, I assume they'll be some draws in there too.

I think we'll be safe from the drop for sure unless we go through a really bad patch. There are 42 points up for grabs still and I hope we can get hit form like we did in the second half of last season.

Its the same every year the media say its the tightest relegation scrap for years but teams do drop off. Fulham looked doomed and as ever about 38 points should keep you up. For villa that will be 3 wins and 2 draws til may, we will be fine. As far as I can remember this season we have never even been in the bottom 3 and I do not see that happening unlike last season's serious scare. I am hopeful for more points and a higher placement than last year but we will not get a top 10 and be a lot closer the bottom than even the top 8.

Its the same every year the media say its the tightest relegation scrap for years but teams do drop off. Fulham looked doomed and as ever about 38 points should keep you up. For villa that will be 3 wins and 2 draws til may, we will be fine. As far as I can remember this season we have never even been in the bottom 3 and I do not see that happening unlike last season's serious scare. I am hopeful for more points and a higher placement than last year but we will not get a top 10 and be a lot closer the bottom than even the top 8.

It may seem optimistic but last season we obtained 21 points from our last 14 games, if we could replicate that form it would put us on 48 points altogether this season. 48 points last season would have had us finish 9th and just 1 point behind 8th.

I think we'll finish 10th.

Signing so many unknown fairly inexperienced players (not complaining) only means we'll struggle at times again, just hope we dont have a december/january of last season at some point in this season. I'd like to say 10th but i think more 12th-14th but to be quite honest aslong as were not shitting it with 2-3 games to go again i'll be happy!

Posted this in this thread in june and i think thats the way were headed still. I'd certainly take 12-14th now if offered anyway.

Couple of poor results in the next 4 and were right in it, couple of good results (2 wins out of 4 would represent a good return for me) and were all but on our way to safety.

I've been saying for ages we are poor. All this positivity is really not worth. We have a poor side and a poorer manager. One win and a draw against Liverplop changes F*** all. We will struggle again and show zero progress this season. Points prove more than league position

Lambert was clueless against West Ham and has been against many teams. Still has no idea of his best starting 11 and tactics.

• Like 1

Â