Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Rumours that they're after McLaren to take charge for the last 3 matches. Hope he turns them down. After somewhat restoring his reputation at Derby, I can't imagine why he'd want to take on one of the maddest jobs in football.

Fabricio Coloccini could be stripped of the Newcastle United captaincy for the final three games of the season after being involved in a bust-up with goalkeeper Tim Krul following the humiliating defeat by Leicester City.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11580318/Newcastle-captain-Fabricio-Coloccini-in-bust-up-with-Tim-Krul-on-team-bus-after-Leicester-defeat.html

Edited by DK82

When Carver took over, Newcastle were theorhetically safe and nowhere near the drop - the fans appeared happy to coast to the end of the season under the guidance of Carver who is 'one of them'

I remember his first few post match interviews talking about his time with Bobby Robson et al, which was all very nice and commendable (although came across very mawkish) but talk about the game and his players!!!

Their performances have been awful without prompting any changes in tactics or style.

But, instead of looking at himself, Carver has targetted both the fanbase and his own players as reasons for recent failure, marginalising himself in both parties eyes.

They are in serious danger of going down - I cannot see another result going their way.

Carver is now in a no win situation. If they're relegated, he's gone. Even if they stay up, his relationship with the players and fans will no doubt end his services at the club too.

For a man who loves Newcastle as much as he does, he's allowed personal feelings to overtake professionalism and worn his heart on his sleeve way to much.

Edited by theboyangel

I do feel for "WHERES_MY_NOBBY_GONE" though, he was a good egg around here

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

Looking at the Newcastle forum, they seem to think that they'd be in the same position even if they had kept Pardew. Deluded

They average nearly 50,000 every home game, do any of them actually watch the football. Pardew would have them hovering around the top 8. But as we all know Newcastle are a massive club and haven't won the league since 1927 or the FA cup since 1955 so he clearly wasn't good enough for them.

Looking at the Newcastle forum, they seem to think that they'd be in the same position even if they had kept Pardew. Deluded

They average nearly 50,000 every home game, do any of them actually watch the football. Pardew would have them hovering around the top 8. But as we all know Newcastle are a massive club and haven't won the league since 1927 or the FA cup since 1955 so he clearly wasn't good enough for them.
Best fans in the world. They deserve to be in Europe.

Hahahaha. It just seems like the majority of their fans are soft as shite, including Carver. It was six years ago and they're still crying over it. The Ant or Dec banner was genius.

guessing mclaren said no to coming in now then.thought they'd just stay up but if carver is in charge for the remaining games they could easily go.just need hull/sunderland to get enough points.

Â