Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

50 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Just  some quick Googling around and social media check pretty much confirms this is a sham of a group. At best a money laundering opp - Dr. Tony style.  None of my Singaporean friends have ever heard of them.

That would be hilarous

Haha, it's basically Tony Xia in a dress. Weird broad range of corporate interests - check. Fascination with robots and AI - check. Hugely out of their depth at running a sports club - check. This could be an absolute disaster. How awful for them. And best of all - it's the nail in the coffin for Saudi takeovers...

Edited by Jareth

On 17/08/2020 at 14:31, nepal_villan said:

Just  some quick Googling around and social media check pretty much confirms this is a sham of a group. At best a money laundering opp - Dr. Tony style.  None of my Singaporean friends have ever heard of them.

Please please please please happen

On 18/08/2020 at 20:03, Genie said:

Sports bible reporting that a consortium in advanced talks to buy Newcastle want Ronaldo :crylaugh: 

Have they not suffered enough already? :lol: 

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima?

not sure he would still fit into a number 9 shirt.

Same again

Can the PL do this, can the PL do that... 

Where are the demands for the consortium or Mike Ashley to provide information? 

They're barking up the wrong tree because they're convinced the PL are the bogeymen rather than their prospective buyers 

• Like 3

On 17/08/2020 at 21:11, VillaAlex said:

It's going to be beautiful when these clowns get relegated after having their hopes so high.

I hate everything about the club,  same as small heath,  I want it gone an out of business.

No fan of football would give it a second thought if both went and we all need a lift now and then.  Oxygen thief's, in a pandemic as well.

Their collective hive mind delusion really is quite something, it’s like in the Keegan era where they all actually believed they were ever football fans second club. I think that is part of why they reacted so badly when we laughed when they went down, it burst their little delusion bubble.

The point they seem to be totally ignoring from the statement released when their buyers pulled out was the part in relation to COVID-19 and the lack of fans in stadiums. Buying a club, that traditionally has been significantly funded by match day revenue when there is no date for that to return isn’t the same proposition it was when they negotiations started. This was specifically mentioned in the statement.

Sure this could have been a face saving statement  but I think it’s likely to be at least partially a factor.

The way they’ve behaved since is laughable but you can kind of understand it. Imagine thinking you are going to be on a Man City trajectory and then being such with Ashley, Bruce and Joelinton! 😭

Think saudis might come back in at a later date.

But can you see the likes of united city and liverpool allowing this? They have a lot of power. I reckon if this eventually does go through we will see the big boys threatening to form the long rumoured euro league and leave the pl. 

I believed it before and I definitely believe it now... Something stinks about the whole thing, not the TV piracy and human rights, the consortium set up and using Staveley and the brothers

Even if they did come back in and thrown some money around at the start (or they come back in after the window closes and can't throw money around...) I don't believe this $400bn buy whoever they want do a city / psg nonsense 

There's something really fishy about them 

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jeff Bezos could buy them but still not be able to do a Man City / Chelsea. The rules won’t allow it anymore. 

You mean those rules that Man City just got away with ignoring? Always a way when you’ve enough money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The way they’ve behaved since is laughable but you can kind of understand it. Imagine thinking you are going to be on a Man City trajectory and then being such with Ashley, Bruce and Joelinton! 😭

- You can have all the money in the world but you still need to get players to actually live near Newcastle close to Newcastle fans.  

Â