Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You mean those rules that Man City just got away with ignoring? Always a way when you’ve enough money.

Yep, if the desire was there then they would steam roll in, rename the stadium, get an £80m a year car seat sponsor, stick their name on the shirt, do whatever they want

But the consortium nature of the purchase always said to me that the desire for that isn't there 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, if the desire was there then they would steam roll in, rename the stadium, get an £80m a year car seat sponsor, stick their name on the shirt, do whatever they want

But the consortium nature of the purchase always said to me that the desire for that isn't there 

I think they were just trying to hide behind a more acceptable front.

It's funny how we've struck up this animosity to a club so far north - maybe because we are / were rivals for being the shitest 'big' club. We're probably very similar to them, had shit owners, desperate for a takeover, and memories of success. I do feel sorry for the reasonable fans - just sadly they are outshone by the nobbers, I mean, going on Twitter with your personal account delivering Saudi talking points simply because they were going to get rid of Mike Ashley? Small. 

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You mean those rules that Man City just got away with ignoring? Always a way when you’ve enough money.

Man City were guilty of not supporting the enquiry weren’t they? They were cleared of breaking the rules as far as I am aware.

Regardless, I was referring to the situation when those clubs were purchased. The FFP rules that exist now didn’t really apply then (they’re probably at least partly the reason FFP exists).

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Man City were guilty of not supporting the enquiry weren’t they? They were cleared of breaking the rules as far as I am aware.

Regardless, I was referring to the situation when those clubs were purchased. The FFP rules that exist now didn’t really apply then (they’re probably at least partly the reason FFP exists).

Nah, enough money makes everything go away in football.

If you think Citys spending has been legimate for the last 3-4 years do I have some news for you.

20 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Nah, enough money makes everything go away in football.

If you think Citys spending has been legimate for the last 3-4 years do I have some news for you.

You should tell the court of arbitration for sport they made a mistake then. 

On 21/08/2020 at 10:39, Genie said:

You should tell the court of arbitration for sport they made a mistake then. 

They've suddenly got £50m which says they didn't make a mistake 😉

12 hours ago, dubbs said:

They've suddenly got £50m which says they didn't make a mistake 😉

Who has?

City were fined €9m for lack of cooperation but all other charges and punishments were overturned.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Who has?

City were fined €9m for lack of cooperation but all other charges and punishments were overturned.

I was speculating that it is a possibility that money exchanged hands and the charges and punishments disappeared...

Newcastle are one of the teams we have to aim to overtake. They were statistically terrible last season, and with Bruce in charge they aren’t going to get much better. They’ve signed Jeff Hendrick, which is one hell of come down from Mbappe. I bet Ashley is thankful that fans aren’t allowed into the sports direct arena. 

• Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 09:31, Jareth said:

It's funny how we've struck up this animosity to a club so far north

We were the club that showed them that most other fans hate them and like to see them suffer. They seem to have been under the impression that most non Sunderland or Middlesbrough fans liked them and wanted to see them do well. I assume this false impression was down to the media love in for them. Oh well, sob on the Tyne. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Newcastle are one of the teams we have to aim to overtake. They were statistically terrible last season, and with Bruce in charge they aren’t going to get much better. They’ve signed Jeff Hendrick, which is one hell of come down from Mbappe. I bet Ashley is thankful that fans aren’t allowed into the sports direct arena. 

I am pretty sure Ashley doesn't care wht people think 😂

Â