Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was a reserve at Barcelona and played less than 30 games in 2 years. Emerson Royal played for Barca and the national team as well I wouldn't take him either

Matt Targett was reserve at Southampton mate

Apparently they're leaking the names they're looking to get rid of, consisting of Almiron, Lewis, Hayden, Krafth, Clark, Gayle and Darlow.

No real surprises in that lot. Can't believe how much time Gayle has wasted sat on the sidelines there when he could have playing and bagging in the Championship every week, bizarre behaviour.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently they're leaking the names they're looking to get rid of, consisting of Almiron, Lewis, Hayden, Krafth, Clark, Gayle and Darlow.

No real surprises in that lot. Can't believe how much time Gayle has wasted sat on the sidelines there when he could have playing and bagging in the Championship every week, bizarre behaviour.

What sort of contract did they give Gayle? He has been there since they got relegated and has hardly played enough to ever deserve an extension

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What sort of contract did they give Gayle? He has been there since they got relegated and has hardly played enough to ever deserve an extension

They gave him a 3-year extension last spring at £40k/week.

• Haha 2

Have to give them credit they have turned it around. Its our fault they were there for the taking and we played pathetic.

Had they lost that who knoqs if they would have carried thia run on. They are going to be challenging the likes of us next season without question now

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to give them credit they have turned it around. Its our fault they were there for the taking and we played pathetic.

Had they lost that who knoqs if they would have carried thia run on. They are going to be challenging the likes of us next season without question now

They spent 100 million this season, its a bit early to be throwing credit around. Eddie Howe just doing the bare minimum that the clown he took over from couldnt

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It also shows just how awful Bruce is as a manager. 

I think it that, then you add in that they spent more than anyone else in January (didn't they set a Jan record?) the general new owner feel good and then also the biggest thing is that other teams around them have been utter shite 

They should have been cut adrift and down and out but they weren't because of the likes of Watford being terrible 

Howes always had something to work with 

Be very interesting to see what happens in the summer, presumably they will spend the entire GDP of a small country.

I'm not sure if However is the man together them into Europe but they will likely be there or thereabouts and hence a direct rival to us.

Sill very uneasy about he moral aspect to who owns the club though.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it that, then you add in that they spent more than anyone else in January (didn't they set a Jan record?) the general new owner feel good and then also the biggest thing is that other teams around them have been utter shite 

They should have been cut adrift and down and out but they weren't because of the likes of Watford being terrible 

Simon Jordan said pretty much all of this yesterday. Howe has done OK for now but he would have been a crap manager to not take advantage of this 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, they’ve also benefited from the diabolical form of others.

They will have to restructure their entire squad still come the summer and try to ship out a lot of deadwood. There’s no guarantee it will get them close to mid table though. 

Lots of teams will be investing and they risk losing bigger names in their squad too. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Newcastle also had a lot of luck in some key games - E.g. how Joelinton never got sent off, or the illegal free kick position from Wood. 

It also shows just how awful Bruce is as a manager. 

They also had a lot of penalty calls against them - there was a kung fu kick against them during Brighton (don't remember who was involved?) and the famous Ederson incident just before Xmas. 

I wouldn't say they were that lucky. 

I guess as the money is pumped in, and as they go up the table, they will likely get more lucky more often. 

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yep, they’ve also benefited from the diabolical form of others.

They will have to restructure their entire squad still come the summer and try to ship out a lot of deadwood. There’s no guarantee it will get them close to mid table though. 

Lots of teams will be investing and they risk losing bigger names in their squad too. 

Yep 

I still think they've got at least 2 restructuring summers in them, this summer they'll probably be fishing in the same pond as us, trying to find players who can get them top 10, even with all their money i don't think CL players are leaving top teams for them this summer, it will still take some steps 

Just have to hope we scout better, we definitley have the better youth prospects, kids in brum obviously still play football in the street 

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Eddie Howe has done a good job, no ifs and buts. More points than us since he took over I think? Even with January spending you'd struggle to make a valid argument their squad is better than ours.

The team in great form recently has been starting Jonfo f-ing Shelvey for God's sake. 

Â