Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

30 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I thought the reason people were so impressed with him is because he has moved into midfield, and that he suits that role much better than striker?

It could be yeah, maybe expectations are lower for him. I’ve watched him a few times this year and he’s been ok (which is an improvement on what he was) but still doesn’t look particularly special (despite the rave reviews).

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I thought the reason people were so impressed with him is because he has moved into midfield, and that he suits that role much better than striker?

It is

He's playing in a position and a role where you don't just judge him on his goal stats

And he was the best midfielder on the pitch vs utd, last couple of times I've seen him I'd say the main thing about him is he's not good enough but at least he's putting a shift in and giving it his all, that's the bare minimum but so often you don't get it, for all his troubles he's not gone missing and it's not surprising geordies are applauding that 

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Trippier rumoured on 150k pw. Makes me want them to fail all the more.

It’s the only way they’re going to attract players at present. Massive contracts but you can bet every single one will have a relegation clause.  Can’t blame someone wanting a huge last contract I suppose.

Trippier would make RB, their weakest position one of their strongest (if he is bothered and not just out for a pay day). He's 31 and has not really performed for Atletico this season. Then again no Atletico player has really performed this season.

Still need a lot more to stay up thou.

31, £150k a week and potentially going from the la liga champions to the championship in 6 months... 

Hope they announce a 5 year deal 

Edit - the telegraph who are reporting it also saying that he has a £31m release clause but Newcastle are trying to come under it

That is properly in the category of good signing if they stay up **** dreadful if they go down 

Edited by villa4europe

Any rule/assistance that’s put in for player welfare etc (Head injury stoppages, allowing these cancellations for covid reasons). Just seems to IMMEDIATELY be abused and gamed by the clubs and players for advantage.

And not to mention Tuchel, Pep and Klopp continually using the situation to attempt to push through rules to benefit themselves. Drives me insane.

• Like 4

Â