Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

They've written an official letter to the Premier League querying refereeing against them🤭

Corrupt owners used to getting away with anything they want completely baffled that corruption can go against you.  It must be an unpleasant new feeling for them. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

They've written an official letter to the Premier League querying refereeing against them🤭

Corrupt owners used to getting away with anything they want completely baffled that corruption can go against you.  It must be an unpleasant new feeling for them. 

They have also sent Christmas cards to every PL official with £50k in it, for no reason.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Written in blood no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Wonder if Sundays ref will mysteriously disappear....

Special invite to an embassy or something ? 

Probably a lot going on behind the scenes we don't know about,  like busy little elves they are the Newcastle owners.

Chop, chop, busy, busy, work, work, bang bang.

28 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Seems to me that Rafa and NUFC's paths are converging - really wouldn't be surprised to see a swift execution of Howe and Rafa coming in - not that it'd guarantee to keep them up but it'd be their best shot. 

Do pay offs to managers count to FFP ? 

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've seen a lot of ref's driving around in Ferrari's recently.  Surprised their wages stretch to that kind of extravagance to be fair.

For me their wages should... They should be well paid, it should be a job that people want to do

One of my usual ref complaints is that they aren't made to train or have a level of athleticism that is comparable to the players, John Moss chasing round after world class athletes is a recipe for disaster 

At the same time John Moss gets a basic wage of around £70k a year plus then match fees plus then if he was any good he could match fees for European and international games, could get to around £200k... Chasing round guys who earn that in half a week

Part of making the whole thing more professional would include making it better paid, should also include not having 50% of their income dependant on PGMOL picking them for matches... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For me their wages should... They should be well paid, it should be a job that people want to do

One of my usual ref complaints is that they aren't made to train or have a level of athleticism that is comparable to the players, John Moss chasing round after world class athletes is a recipe for disaster 

At the same time John Moss gets a basic wage of around £70k a year plus then match fees plus then if he was any good he could match fees for European and international games, could get to around £200k... Chasing round guys who earn that in half a week

Part of making the whole thing more professional would include making it better paid, should also include not having 50% of their income dependant on PGMOL picking them for matches... 

They make more in match fees than basic pay. With VAR and 4th official its now normal to get 4x match fees each week (Match fees can exceed 1k). In addition everything is also put on expenses such as accommodation, travel, food etc. They make an absolute monstrous amount of money.

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

They make more in match fees than basic pay. With VAR and 4th official its now normal to get 4x match fees each week (Match fees can exceed 1k). In addition everything is also put on expenses such as accommodation, travel, food etc. They make an absolute monstrous amount of money.

So they make more from toeing the PGMOL line and getting selected... 

And in the context of Premier league football is it really a monstrous amount of money? I only briefly googled it but the suggestion was a top top CL and international ref earns around £200k a year

I wouldn't say no to them earning more if the professionalism and ability went with it, how do they get young ex pro footballers to drop out of villas academy at 18 to think that being a ref being a viable alternative to dropping in to the lower leagues, why is the youngest ref about 34? Why are seemingly 70% of them ex teachers?  

I think they should put in some infrastructure that changes the profile of who the refs are and paying more would be part of that 

• Like 2

On 21/12/2021 at 03:41, villa4europe said:

I agree that their wages should be higher.

I also agree that John Moss probably wouldn't win a foot race with my nan who died in 2001. (it's an embarrassment that fat f**k is a PL ref.)

I've been backstage (before playing the national anthem) at a few US sporting events. I'll never forget seeing the NBA refs walking into the stadium in Miami. The confidence they exuded was palpable. No-one was allowed near them - they knew they were untouchable. A quick google seems to suggest that within 3 years they make half a million a year. Certainly not as much as the stars of the game but enough to know that integrity would make them and their families very, very rich.

The PGMOL should campaign to get refs paid 5-10 times more - then you would start to see a coveted career by serious athletes who love the game.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

On 21/12/2021 at 09:37, sidcow said:

I've seen a lot of ref's driving around in Ferrari's recently.  Surprised their wages stretch to that kind of extravagance to be fair.

is £200k a year, driving around in Ferrari money? Not sure it is in my opinion. Maybe if you live in a grotty bedsit.

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

is £200k a year, driving around in Ferrari money? Not sure it is in my opinion. Maybe if you live in a grotty bedsit.

It was just supposed to be a joke about them accepting bribes. 

On 23/12/2021 at 14:23, stuart_75 said:

Easy it is. Especially when leasing it. Maybe not a brand new one, but a couple of years old, the lease costs will be c£1.5k-£1.8k per month.

Â