Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

18 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

As for the thread title..... Really hilarious. Can't stop laughing at them walking the league whilst we are in the bottom half....

It is ridiculous title, need to be chnaged to admire Newcastle thread, they show how to prepare and bounce back from relegation, 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is ridiculous title, need to be chnaged to admire Newcastle thread, they show how to prepare and bounce back from relegation, 

The title reflects the time the thread started obviously, titles aren't changed because of links.

However Newcastle have been a bit of a joke for the last few years, sure they've sorted themselves out at the moment but sooner or later they will revert to the norm I'm sure.

• Like 3

How can anyone big Newcastle up? They are a championship club, yes they are top and will almost certainly go up, but they are in the championship. Let's not start admiring them as a top club because they are not. Must admit I think they have a class manager though.

32 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The title reflects the time the thread started obviously, titles aren't changed because of links.

However Newcastle have been a bit of a joke for the last few years, sure they've sorted themselves out at the moment but sooner or later they will revert to the norm I'm sure.

Of course I get thats how the thread title was changed, but I think its  abit silly to have "lets laugh at Newcastle" when they are anything but a laughing stock at the moment. under rafa they wont be in my view. rafa is what is keeping that club together 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course I get thats how the thread title was changed, but I think its  abit silly to have "lets laugh at Newcastle" when they are anything but a laughing stock at the moment. under rafa they wont be in my view. rafa is what is keeping that club together 

I've already explained why the title is what it is and why it's not going to be changed.

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Really shocked Rafa stayed when they went down. When he did the title was guaranteed. Would love him to leave them in the summer and they are left in the shit

He took the long term view as despite the criticism of him down the years he's a pretty smart man.

Why go to another decent sized European club when he could easily be sacked after 6 months like at Inter or Madrid.

He saw the long term position at Newcastle...get them up straight away which he'll do comfortably do and they'll come back to the prem as a much more confident team who know how to win which they weren't last few seasons.

Plus the fans up there love him so similar to when he managed Liverpool. You have to remember the stick he took in Madrid and at Chelsea so I imagine he enjoys that aswell.

I despised Benitez during the Barry saga but tend to quite like him these days, he does his own thing and doesn't care what people think of that.

• Like 1

He did make demands in order to stay.  He has 100% control over transfers for example.  Not something Newcastle; or indeed any club; ever really does any more, because it can be much more expensive in the long run if you get it wrong.  So they got lucky with how it has panned out.  Which is a shame really.  I was kind of hoping he'd crash and burn.  Oh well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I'll praise them come the end of the season IF they win the league, and that's a huge if!

long way to go yet, anyone can go on a run of good form in this league, don't be surprised if they only got a play off place.

It would take a massive keegan style collapse for that to happen. I mean even ciaran clark is playing well! ritchie and gayle have been the difference for them. it would be interesting to how they did if both were injured at same time. 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

He did make demands in order to stay.  He has 100% control over transfers for example.  Not something Newcastle; or indeed any club; ever really does any more, because it can be much more expensive in the long run if you get it wrong.  So they got lucky with how it has panned out.  Which is a shame really.  I was kind of hoping he'd crash and burn.  Oh well.

"Lucky"?  Really?  :|

They're a good side atm with the best manager they've had in a long time.

What I don't like about them though is the arrogance and air of superiority a fair few of their fans have. The latest one is they are expecting Leeds to give them a massive allocation at Elland Road, just because Leeds don't fill the ground. It was the same at Villa Park this season, and last season. 'Well you have the Trinity Upper closed, give us that'. They just don't get it and don't think about the logistics behind what they are asking for and the decisions. It does get pointed out to them that they didn't used to sell out everywhere in the Premier League, so maybe show a bit more humility around other teams and to their fans and not be so arrogant just because you have the most fans and seemingly the best team in this league.

• Like 1

I said mitrovic would kill it at this level as well. 

I think him, gayle and ritchie are whats making them so dangerous be interesting to see how tgry do if all three got injured, especially ritchie.

Yeddin has also been a goid signing and alot of people opposed him. i woukd have preferred him over de laet.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 10:59, Tommo_b said:

I'll praise them come the end of the season IF they win the league, and that's a huge if!

long way to go yet, anyone can go on a run of good form in this league, don't be surprised if they only got a play off place.

I don't mind them winning the league. They will have more lower league titles than top flight titles then, which pretty much sums them up.

32 goals scored and only 12 conceded. Averaging over 2 goals a match and less than one conceded. Clark must be pretty happy he was sold. He will be back in the premier league next season. He also is playing well for them. 

Â