Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Literally the only ray of light this season was us relegating them (again). Not that I have anything against them or their fans but just because of their massive over reaction to a bit of harmless banter the last time we sent them down.

Sob on the Tyne. 

• Like 3

Poster on nufc-forum in the relegated thread saying they should throw all their season tickets on the pitch at final game.

yeah, that'll show em.

2 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

they are in a world of shit

They are indeed. A lot of high earners in the team, without relegation clauses on either their wages or release fees apparently. 

The difference this time around is that Ashley has said that there's no more money in the kitty. 

Mike Ashley says Newcastle United have 'virtually nothing left' in bank

Last Updated: 22/03/16 9:37pm

Newcastle United have "virtually nothing left" in the bank, according to owner Mike Ashley.

And the controversial Sports Direct owner says "don't come crying to me" when it is all gone.

The Magpies are in a perilous position, staring relegation from the Premier League in the face with eight games left following Sunday's 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

Ashley insists they have had a "proper go" this season, after spending upwards of £80m on new players over two transfer windows.

But he told the Mirror: "All I can say is; there is a bank account. When you have emptied it, it's empty. Don't come crying to me for more money.

"[There is] virtually nothing left now. They have emptied it. I have virtually nil affect on Newcastle in reality because I only pick the board."

Ashley told Sky News on Monday that the club are stuck with him if they go down and he admits he regrets buying Newcastle for £134m in 2007.

He said: "Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes. I've had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to make in football.

"I wanted to help Newcastle. I wanted to make it better. But I haven't seemed to be able to have that effect.

"I think everyone can agree we've had a proper go at it this season but the results haven't been ideal."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10214634/newcastle-united-have-virtually-nothing-left-in-the-bank-says-owner-mike-ashley

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'd say they are in better place than us. 

I'm really not sure they are. The gambled massively and lost. 

Someone watched Passenger 57 but didn't realise that Wesley actually trailed off at the end of his sentence.

giphy.gif(and white to be relegated)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Cashley has already said there's no money left though.

As opposed to us who are running at £30m annual losses, shit squad, no manager, want away owner and just sacked 500 staff.

Â