Hey-la-day-la Benteke's back
Now he's back and things'll be fine
You're gonna be sorry you were ever born
Cause he's kinda big and he's awful strong

Edited by flamingsombrero

Probably wouldn't replace Weimann, as he and Benteke seem to have a fairly good understanding. It'll all depend on injuries and form in a months' time though, obviously.

Exactly. In a similar vein to people still putting Sanchez and Okore into their ideal starting 11's, who knows where we will be in a months time.

One thing is for sure, we will make room for Benteke.

I'd stick him on the bench against arsenal. Even the sight of him warming up will pump up the crowd. Don't need to bring him on even. He would make a bigger impact than Bent without playing.

• Like 3

I'd stick him on the bench against arsenal. Even the sight of him warming up will pump up the crowd. Don't need to bring him on even. He would make a bigger impact than Bent without playing.

Tbf to Bent he won the header to clear Liverpools corner in the 93rd minute and then chased Westwoods clearence up the pitch and forced them to play a hurried pass so he made a small contribution. 

Nothing we don't already know:

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has returned to training to end a five month injury lay-off.

Villa Manager Paul Lambert confirmed the Belgium international rejoined the squad on Monday for the first time since rupturing his Achilles in April.

Benteke missed Belgium's FIFA World Cup campaign after the injury but is on schedule with his expected September comeback.

Lambert told the club's official site: "I'm delighted with the efforts of the medical team here at Villa for working incredibly hard with Christian to get him back to fitness so quickly.

"Christian trained today, though it was a light session.

"Hopefully, with no effects from that, he'll train again tomorrow with the group.

"Obviously, we'll be monitoring his fitness and we'll continue to build him up towards a return to the team."

Benteke has scored 34 goals in 67 appearances for Villa since a $12million move from Genk in 2012 and had hinted at his return on Twitter.

Villa has Under-21 games against Derby and Bolton in September where Benteke could feature as he builds towards an English Premier League return.

Link

Edit: Missed a bit of the article

Edited by ozvillafan

The great news is that we aren't anywhere near as desperate for him to be back as we were last season when he was out - meaning he probably won't be rushed and as a result will be under far less pressure, which can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

yeah, we should wait as long as possible before bringing him back. really would be pissed off if he came back early and went off with another injury.

Small unconnected injuries are almost certain to occur to a player returning to action after so long out, its almost inevitable.

Yeah. There's muscles there which aren't yet up to the strain of intensive training. I'd be surprised if we saw him on the pitch before QPR at end of October. Would be a nice surprise though.

Nonsense, end of October!!! He's back in full training. Full training means exactly what it says. He'll make sub appearances. He'll come on against Chelsea or City I'd imagine. Before he gets called up by the national side. 

Edited by CVByrne

Yeah. There's muscles there which aren't yet up to the strain of intensive training. I'd be surprised if we saw him on the pitch before QPR at end of October. Would be a nice surprise though.

Nonsense, end of October!!! He's back in full training. Full training means exactly what it says. He'll make sub appearances. He'll come on against Chelsea or City I'd imagine. Before he gets called up by the national side. 

Yes he is back in full training but that is a world away from being fully fit or match fit, he has had no pre-season.

He is a way off yet.

Â