Christian Benteke

Kwan

if benteke re-signs, i will raise a glass of ice cold lager in hong kong to both paul lambert and randy lerner.... sterling effort so far this summer, and with increasingly positive news about helenius and okore, the future is indeed bright...

I guess from the agents point of view he'll want a market value wage for his player. We can't afford a market value wage for his player; but then we don't really need to, we already have him under contract.

I guess we're in a position where we're saying we haven't really got to do anything, but we'll double your wages because we want you to be happy - which from our side is a decent proposition. The agent will be telling us we've got a £100k a week player and we should be doing more. It's a difficult one, and ultimately I think the idea that we're all talking about one more year and no further will probably help drive the result.

I'm not sure this will be sorted quickly - which I guess from the clubs point of view will at least be saving us money!

End of the day, it would'nt hurt him any to give us another year and he probably knows that. Its a question of how much control his agent has over him that could ultimately prove the fly in the ointment, which must be terribly frustrating for Lambert having unearthed such a gem only to face the disappointing possibility of having him sold on from under him.

Trouble is, sometimes when you create a monster....guess what you get?

Lets just hope that Lamberts frantic transfer dealings in the last couple of weeks are enough to convince Christian we're at least aiming for greater things.

End of the day, it would'nt hurt him any to give us another year and he probably knows that. Its a question of how much control his agent has over him that could ultimately prove the fly in the ointment, which must be terribly frustrating for Lambert having unearthed such a gem only to face the disappointing possibility of having him sold on from under him.

Trouble is, sometimes when you create a monster....guess what you get?

Lets just hope that Lamberts frantic transfer dealings in the last couple of weeks are enough to convince Christian we're at least aiming for greater things.

I think 'unearthed' is a bit of an exaggeration. He cost 7/8 million quid. For a 22 year old unknown striker thats a fair whack. Bargain mind but I think a lot of people knew about him - they just did not want to take the punt.

Is Richard ITK? I will actually cry if we lose Benteke. I could just about take Barry, Young and Downing, it still hurts to watch James Milner for Man City, but Benteke...I'm not sure I'll manage

"ooh Christian Benteke"

Definitely think I'll be singing that next season.

:hooray:

or how about

"Dont'cha wish your striker was Ben-tek-e"

(for a change maybe - as I posted on the Chants thread ages ago )

• Like 3

Â