Christian Benteke

Kwan

I seriously doubt we are interested in Benteke and also doubt Defoe is for sale. This story is complete rubbish in my opinion.

Benteke will stay at Villa unless Liverpool are interested. All the other links seem hugely speculative to me. 

Why do you doubt you'd be in for Benteke joey? I think he'd be a great buy for you. From what I've seen of Spurs this season you're desperate for a decent striker. Adebayor and Defoe are just too inconsistent. 

I very much doubt he will be going to Liverpool. he's much better than that and I think Lambert will be telling him that. 

Edited by PieFacE

Have i missed something here ? Has Benteke said he wants to leave this summer ??

Some assume that because he hasn't stated otherwise, he must be off. Waiting for all his options to be clear before making a decision to stay or go doesn't seem a possibility to some.

My view is the club should just come out and say he's not for sale.

We can't have 3 months of this shit every day .

But if the right offer for the club and player came in, he would be for sale.

I doubt the player or anyone at the club is a fretful as some on VT so I expect it will take as long as it takes.

Yeah, at the end of the day, newspaper links don't mean a thing.

Lambert will sit down with him when he is back from international duty and discuss the options.

I think we will get another year from him unless an offer for silly money comes in.

I think this Benteke saga could be ended fairly simply.

We go to the player and tell him he is not moving this summer, but we would consider offers after the World Cup if he still in interested in leaving. He then has two options. Sign a bigger deal to play one more season with Villa, or throw a hissy fit, train with the reserves, miss out on the World Cup, and create a reputation as a bad egg.

I really feel we hold the cards here.

Wouldn't actually be allowed by the FA. As sad as that is. The player's rights are protected to an extent. You can't sign a player and at some point do your utmost to make him rot against his will. It has been tried by others. You just engineer a cheaper move. That's why unhappy players tend to get their way. Your first mistake was "tell him he's not moving". Your ultimatum immediately makes him want out and you've already lost.
You should let Alan Hutton and Stephen Warnock know of these "rules." Edited by Raymond

I think the Andy Carroll has scuppered that chances of you being able to get a huge fee for him until he's shown he can do it for more than 1 season. The Carroll deal is often touted as a reason why you'd value CB so highly, but in reality, to potential buyers, it's a stark reminder of why not to pay so much based on a relatively short period. Levy tends to learn from past lessons. After spending £16 million on Darren Bent, I can't see us spending big on an inexperienced Prem striker unless he's obviously exceptional.

I think that is reason we will keep him for another season. None of the teams will pay big cash for a guy with 1 year PL experience. As great as he has been Michael Ricketts and Marcus Stewart have had brilliant 1st seasons as well and failed to deliver after that

Yeah that is also the main reason why we value him so highly. Imagine one of those clubs swooping him up now, he has an excellent season + a very good world cup run, imagine how much he is worth then suddenly. That is why anything under 30 is ridiculous. 

Joey ^^^ Good point about the player outside the premier league, but remember that the premier league is (Known by many,not just englishmen being biused ) as the best league in the world.

You're right the price would not even be half of what we want if it had been in an average european league but remember the fact of what Benteke has been playing with this season and also the opposition he has been playing against.

Theres no debating that if a club want to take a risk after one good season on a player then they should be prepared to pay the money. If not i suppose that isn't our problem but theirs ? Its not what just us fans would think but every club including the likes of Newcastle (For Andy Carroll) and i reckon newcastle would have tried to do the same for demba ba if it wasn't for his release clause.

The moral of the story to every club interested... Cough up or swivel off.

Edited by kevangrealish

I think this Benteke saga could be ended fairly simply.

We go to the player and tell him he is not moving this summer, but we would consider offers after the World Cup if he still in interested in leaving. He then has two options. Sign a bigger deal to play one more season with Villa, or throw a hissy fit, train with the reserves, miss out on the World Cup, and create a reputation as a bad egg.

I really feel we hold the cards here.

Wouldn't actually be allowed by the FA. As sad as that is. The player's rights are protected to an extent. You can't sign a player and at some point do your utmost to make him rot against his will. It has been tried by others. You just engineer a cheaper move. That's why unhappy players tend to get their way. Your first mistake was "tell him he's not moving". Your ultimatum immediately makes him want out and you've already lost.

Think Malouda would say different

Â