Christian Benteke

Kwan

How did the partnership with Lukaku work out? I know Tekkers scored 2 but did they link up well or are they too similar to play in the same side?

to answer your question it worked pretty good out actually theyr verry complementairy. but we never play with two strikers in the qualifycation games we might use 2 strikers against weak teams like scotland and wales but against serbia and croatia we play with 1 striker wich will be Benteke if we didnt have scored at minute 60 we will trow lukaku in.

• Like 1

Apparently Bale is worth £80m, Suarez £50m, and Europe's top scorer this year outside of the Harlem Globetrotters league is worth £17.5m! You coudn't make it up.

Stakes are high in the Preeee-mier league nowadays, so anything under £30m is just not worth considering.

Totally agree. I have a feeling we will get those offers now. He just can't stop.

worst article ive ever read. Force a move was 2 weeks ago now. Bit delayed. 15 million? Yeah and we will replace him with Messi for 20 million.

There's also not a strong infrastructure for girl's baseball (they end up playing softball) or basketball over here. The best female athletes in school tend to play soccer and volleyball.

I do not know where you live Kwan, but there is a massive infrastructure for women's basketball. AAU, High School Programs, and really big college programs. TBH, basketball is much bigger than volleyball and soccer IMO.

Yeah, I can understand the regional differences. You wouldn't find the same programs you'd find in New York as compared to Texas or Florida. I'm from Florida, so most of the infrastructure there is geared towards fielding good soccer players and volleyball players, then softball, then at the very bottom, basketball.

Really? Texas is all basketball, and I would assume all urban areas are basketball heavy too.

Interesting.

I have been in Texas for over 10 years now and at youth level soccer outweighs basketball easily, way more kids play soccer than basketball. Texas also has two pretty strong MLS teams.

Dallas and Houston have a really strong soccer program and Austin where I am isn't far behind. I continue to coach soccer and more and more are seeing it as a better option for their children. (Boys and Girls)

The Spurs have a pretty strong basketball team but the college teams have sucked for a long time now.

Back to Beneke, if he asks to leave let him go but for nothing under 25 million; that would be a good return on a season investment. We just have to hope Randy gives it all to Lambert to spend.

Edited by villianusa

Given how big football is in the UK, I'm surprised that a lot of its former colonies don't seem to care much about it. India doesn't even have a professional football league.

That's because the first proper football team was only invented in 1874.

• Like 1

He'll get his move, of that I'm sure.

I think at this stage it's all about forcing the price up as much as possible. Reports of a fee in the region of 15m are just laughable. Stick another 13m onto that and maybe we will talk. We are in no rush to sell due to him having another 3 years on his contract.

Unfortunately, CB is probably a bellend so if he starts running his mouth, we may be put in a difficult position.

Benteke's agent is as two faced as they come from what I can see. One minute he's telling the papers how many teams are interested in his player and the next day he's saying he doesn't know how these rumors start and Christian is very happy at Villa.

Agent in being agent shocker.

Sadly and understandably it is what they do while trying to engineer the best deal they can for their clients and in turn themselves.

It is just part of the game it is up to Villa to try and get the situation resolved as soon as possible, hopefully by agreeing a new deal. Sadly I'm not confident they will manage it.

Sadly and understandably it is what they do while trying to engineer the best deal they can for themselves and if their clients career takes a nosedive as a result....Great!.. Then they can move them on again for even more ££££'s

Fixed!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Sounds fishy to me that report.. Always a giveaway when a "London" tabloid make it look like a player is just so desperate to get a move to one of the "London" clubs... Also why would he be trying to get a move to Spurs when he likes Arsenal so much? &15m? .... Are they actually serious? :crylaugh:  Is that his agent attempting to keep his fee down to ensure he gets a move?

If that is the case i would prefer it if we just made him stay & train with the youth team... I mean we can't be paying him that much & if he rejects a new contract then he would still be on the same relatively low wages & if we kept him here it would almost be worth not selling him just to prevent either of those two clubs getting stronger as at the end of the day we should be competing with the Spurs & Arsenals of this World surely not flogging our best players to them.

Â