Christian Benteke

Kwan

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

It would be pointless to go to showdown. We do not need to. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise.."But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good and then there is a huge trust in me.

Sounds pretty good to me. He may leave, if he does it'll be to a top team in Champs League and we'll get a good prince. Fingers crossed for £25m+

• Like 1

It would be pointless to go to showdown. We do not need to. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise.."But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good and then there is a huge trust in me.

Sounds pretty good to me. He may leave, if he does it'll be to a top team in Champs League and we'll get a good prince. Fingers crossed for £25m+

Prince_PurpleRain_single.jpg

• Like 3

I think now the lad will force a move if we reject any offers for him.

Someone will offer £15-20m, we will reject it, he'll throw his toys out of the pram, and then we will accept a higher offer. He did the same with Genk, he'll do the same with us.

Huh ? We got a bargain for Benteke when Genk wanted more... but i agree he will throw his toys out of the pram and he will go for less than we want IF we don't agree to sell him at the start. Didn't he refuse to train and play until he forced a move to us ? Why wouldn't after these reports he not do the same again ?

I do know the press may have twisted and exaggerated these words but the story seems believable due to his past sayings about arsenal + he never got hold hostage at Genk. If he didn't go away on international duty with the likes of Lukaku :@ he'd defo be here next year.

He will not go on strike to force a move, its a World Cup year and it will be disastourous.

Didn't think of that, but still can't agree with you on that one. 

What do i believe ?

The fact he's had past experience of being on strike when he doesn't get his own way + these reports coming out about him saying he wont be held down to the club + reports he said he would love to go arsenal earlier on in the season + he's good pals with Lukaku who has said he wants to go to dortmund on loan next season ( So much for going back to the baggies for another year)

OR

One belgian report saying he will stay another year + the fact he's got a world cup coming up.

Don't want to be negative but for me it really is a no brainer.

Edited by kevangrealish

Ive got talksport on in the car and Paul Lambert must have been on the phone to dick and andy earlier today , they played a snippet of PL saying he has told Benteke to stay, he's only been in the country for 10 months and that clubs Will still want him in a years time.

We keep hearing how humble and grounded CB is, i for one am hopeful of another season

Prince_PurpleRain_single.jpg

Wrong Prince!

This one is already our top fan so it must be him!

_61053016_william_1_pa.jpg

• Like 1

We've been so dependant on CB this season as the front 3 have largely had to create their own goals. If we did end up selling him, I think Lambert would bring in a proper playmaker - a cheaper Mata or Silva type, linking the midfield to attack.

Any sale of Benteke could actually be good for the team, having more strength in key areas as opposed to our reliance on one talismanic striker.

We've been so dependant on CB this season as the front 3 have largely had to create their own goals. If we did end up selling him, I think Lambert would bring in a proper playmaker - a cheaper Mata or Silva type, linking the midfield to attack.

Any sale of Benteke could actually be good for the team, having more strength in key areas as opposed to our reliance on one talismanic striker.

I'd like it if we did a newcastle (In their first season of course)

They bought loads of gems for cheap money from abroad, ending up near the top four would be nice...

I can't even remember the last time I posted but thought I'd add something to this thread from the Guardian this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/christian-benteke-aston-villa

Have a read of what his agent says at the bottom... Basically, reading that and what Belgium Guy said about it yesterday I'm not overly worried.

With summer coming and you being ginger and you are not worried? .....

Yeah I'm not worried... I live in Yorkshire so the sun is rarer than a display of love for Lancashire in these parts.

On Benteke I think he was misquoted via leading questions that have been translated poorly/lazily numerous times... He may still leave but I think we'll get top dollar for him if he does, I'd like to think we learnt something from the Milner move in that respect. If he doesn't then he'll get himself top dollar in his contract and another year to show he can do it consistently.

Seriously why do people go crazy over this stuff.  Chill out. 

Because of Villa's track record when it comes to selling our best players?

So...we sell, we get £30m plus.  We have the manager who knows his players.  He will replace him with someone that will be just as effective for us.  Players come and go, AVFC will still be here.

• Like 2

Seriously why do people go crazy over this stuff.  Chill out. 

Because of Villa's track record when it comes to selling our best players?

So...we sell, we get £30m plus.  We have the manager who knows his players.  He will replace him with someone that will be just as effective for us.  Players come and go, AVFC will still be here.

I agree lets just hope the player we bring in is as effective as he is and one that can single handedly keep us in the division.  

No doubt we struck gold with Benteke.

Could we replace him with someone who can be as effective? I'd be surprised. 19 league goals and battering most defences is quite an achievement to try and reproduce for a new player.

Hopefully the money will be spent bringing in a few quality players that can add things to the squad.

Â