Christian Benteke

Kwan

if each time one of them works out we then sell quickly we then become another Birmingham City i.e a nothing club devoid of any hope.

Or, you know, like Spurs i.e a club who has sold their best players in order to buy more and push up the table. If you have a good manager with an eye for talent nobody else spots then this is a fair enough way to approach things. If Lambert has a 50% success rate with his signings, and every second one leaves within 2 years for 4-5 times what he paid for them, we'll be flying up the table

I agree and the further you go up the table, the longer the good players want to stay and that pushes prices up.

Even Spuds will struggle to keep Bale this season if the rumors are right, With CB i think people are missing one of the biggest positives and indicators, he is part of a young and exciting team that are growing together with great camaraderie and togetherness creating lots of chances for him, (think how many he could have scored with the sitters he missed), all season they have been under the cosh but have stuck together, they have stuck together with the belief that they will pull through, CB is the main man, as you can see on the Video the three strikers are more than colleagues they are friends, When Gabby scored against Sunderland the cameras showed CB on the bench celebrating and wanting to share the celebrating with Gabby, On the other hand DB9 just looked at him for a few seconds before going over to him and congratulating him.

It is this friendship, the esteem he holds the manager and the fans that will make him stay. He and the others believe they will be better next year, he will know the manager will also get other players in as well, He will give it another year to see what happens, hell they could even be challenging top six, mad - who knows, our form since Christmas has very much shown that it is possible if things fall into place early enough.

If it works out like that then I will be very happy but I doubt it will.

This transfer window will answer of lot of my questions and doubts, who Villa are able to hold onto? and what type of player Lambert is looking to sign? young unknown or adding experienced players. Along what amount money RL is going to give him to spend.

I want Benteke to stay but if he is going to leave in 12 months time whatever we do why bother giving him more money? If his agent is threatening that he will leave now if he isn't given a big pay rise then just put a 35m price tag on him, then we will see if Villa improve or not ala Spurs next season.

if each time one of them works out we then sell quickly we then become another Birmingham City i.e a nothing club devoid of any hope.

Or, you know, like Spurs i.e a club who has sold their best players in order to buy more and push up the table. If you have a good manager with an eye for talent nobody else spots then this is a fair enough way to approach things. If Lambert has a 50% success rate with his signings, and every second one leaves within 2 years for 4-5 times what he paid for them, we'll be flying up the table 

How confident are you that Lambert would get all of the proceeds from player sales though ?

If CB goes, he wont go without us making a damn good profit on what we paid... We will all be a bit gutted because, even though football is riddled with mercenaries, we kind of hope that he feels like 'one of us'; Lambert has shown this season that his scouting network is actually rather amazing... He has picked some wonderful, unchecked talent for dirt cheap right under the noses of the big clubs and now people are talking about future England internationals and strong midfield enforcers etc etc.

If we sell him, we sell him... We as fans cant do anything about that aside from have faith in Lambert that he will have a few jokers cards up his sleeve to pick up a couple of new fan favourites that the likes of Tottenham, Utd and Chelsea didnt because they, essentially, dont sell shirts or make headlines...

I do believe that CB enjoys it here at the club. All the strikers always celebrate together. He was going bonkers when Lowton scored at Stoke.

I know in my heart he will leave us eventually but he just doesn't seem like a one and done, get me out of here player. His father was the hard man and that usually comes along with a bit of pride. If he leaves after another monstrous season, so be it

why is the english media so annoying every day they keep spreading rumours if the have no source theyl just make up stuff to publice its exhausting.. and annoying.

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 2

How confident are you that Lambert would get all of the proceeds from player sales though ?

Considering how Lambert is doing reducing the wage bill, so that we're not losing £50million a year any more, which our chairman, who has put in obscene amounts of money already, can stop paying off that defecit, I'd say Lambert has a very good chance of seeing the money. Once our finances are sorted then the investment can go back on the team rather than servicing debts. 

• Like 1

Assuming the wages are kept under control, I see little reason why he wouldn't get what he needed out of what he generated. You seem to be under the impression Lerner is taking lots of money out of the club. Go look at the books and compare what he puts in with what he takes out

• Like 1

I want Benteke to stay but if he is going to leave in 12 months time whatever we do why bother giving him more money?

Because we want him to stay for another 12 months instead of having him leave this summer, perhaps?

• Like 2

why is the english media so annoying every day they keep spreading rumours if the have no source theyl just make up stuff to publice its exhausting.. and annoying.

Because it sells papers and under the guise of a 'free press' it is difficult to defend against. The real fault lies with those who pay for such drivel. Why people pay to read what just might happen (but usually doesn't), instead of keeping updated about what is actually happening, confuses me. Many people know more about untruths and rumours than they do about current affairs. I'm sorry Belgium Guy, it is something we have had to endure since before Benteke and until people stop buying or believing such nonsense, it will continue after CB.

Because it sells papers and under the guise of a 'free press' it is difficult to defend against. The real fault lies with those who pay for such drivel. Why people pay to read what just might happen (but usually doesn't), instead of keeping updated about what is actually happening, confuses me. Many people know more about untruths and rumours than they do about current affairs. I'm sorry Belgium Guy, it is something we have had to endure since before Benteke and until people stop buying or believing such nonsense, it will continue after CB.

ok i ment no disrespect btw.

I'll be (very pleasantly) surprised if we still have Benteke with us next season but I'd have thought that we need to make a fair bit of a profit on disposals over the summer and cashing in on Benteke (assuming a suitable offer and willing parties) would seem the most obvious way to do that.

I know BG, I fully agree with your frustration. My post was aimed at the media and those that feed from it and definitely not at you. :-)

I know BG, I fully agree with your frustration. My post was aimed at the media and those that feed from it and definitely not at you. :-)

^_^

Do you rate Kevin De Bruyne, Belgium guy? I think he's such a good player!!! not suggesting he would come to us or anything just wondering whether people in Belgium class his as part of this golden generation of Belgian players!

Do you rate Kevin De Bruyne, Belgium guy? I think he's such a good player!!! not suggesting he would come to us or anything just wondering whether people in Belgium class his as part of this golden generation of Belgian players!

Kevin De Bruyne is one of our best players in the "golden" generation we have currently. he's an exeptional player who would be an improvement for any team in the PL imo. atm he's on his way to Dortmund. He's been very important for our national team with his famous wide crosspass he provide's tons of good balls for Benteke and he's one of Benteke's best friends. but the strength of our national team is the good atmosphere theyr all friends and work for eachother. 

off topic: wow my english is really improving :D

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 2

Â