Christian Benteke

Kwan

Player(s) + cash from spurs may work ok.

What Spuds player(s) had you in mind CI?

Personally, i don't want any more makeweights while selling our players after the Milner-Ireland deal.

If Benteke leaves then it is for nothing less than 25m.

If he was a Spud's player what price do you think Levy would put on his head? Nothing less than the above figure i would presume.

Never mind all that...who's the clunge in your avatar?

Kelly Brook.
Can she play LB ?

She can play anywhere she likes as far as i'm concerned. ;)

In terms of Part exchange with Spurs -

Scotty Parker ? A ready made captain and 2 or 3 good years left

Would love to see Parker with us but his injury record and wages would be of concern to fans and our chairman. However, 25m plus Parker on sensible wages would be ok and if Levy started the usual bull i'd tell him and Spuds to go and do one pretty much in the same way as MON did with plop over Barry.

We should not sell ourselves short concerning Benteke as it could be some time before we ever get to make the same money again.

Saying that i'd love to keep Benteke and build a team around him but it simply isn't going to happen.

Edited by Morpheus

I don't think we will be after Benteke.

Dawsons contract has another 2.5 years. I doubt we'd sell him anyway. AVB made a mistake by saying he could leave, having not worked with him. Now he has seen first hand just how good he is and I'd be amazed if he'd let him go. We will release Gallas in the summer instead. 

I don't think we will be after Benteke.

We can only hope!!!

Benteke has a lot of qualities, but I think we are looking for someone who first and foremost is a great finisher. We tried to sign Damiao again in Jan and he seems to be a different type of striker to Benteke. The difference between us, Chelsea and Arsenal compared with Man City and Utd, is that they have the likes of Rooney, RVP, Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko. The only way for us to move forward is to try and get a striker who can compete with them. Benteke has potential, but I don't ever see him as a clinical finisher, more a scorer of great goals. He seems to miss quite a lot of sitters and then score a quality goal and I'm not sure that's what we need. I think we are after reliability.

Benteke has 15 goals in 28 games in total. That's over 1 in 2. Pretty clinical I'd say, especially given how few chances we create.

But your a Villa fan and have seen him play loads, so you know those stats don't tell the full story. I've read loads of times on this forum about your fans frustrated with him missing easy chances. In the Prem he's scored 8 times from 74 shots. 

Maybe this will change and he's definitely a player with huge potential and has shown real quality to date. But to date, the only real complaint Villa fans seem to have of him is that he isn't clinical enough. Using those stats to claim otherwise makes you seem like a used car salesman and contradicts what the consensus of this forum seems to have been over the season so far.

Benteke has 15 goals in 28 games in total. That's over 1 in 2. Pretty clinical I'd say, especially given how few chances we create.

Dont big him up!

The fact that Spurtz fans cannot see what a class act Benteke is says more about them than Benteke

Dont big him up!

The fact that Spurtz fans cannot see what a class act Benteke is says more about them than Benteke

I can see what a class act he is, I'm saying I don't think he's the type of striker we are after.

But your a Villa fan and have seen him play loads, so you know those stats don't tell the full story. I've read loads of times on this forum about your fans frustrated with him missing easy chances. In the Prem he's scored 8 times from 74 shots. 

Maybe this will change and he's definitely a player with huge potential and has shown real quality to date. But to date, the only real complaint Villa fans seem to have of him is that he isn't clinical enough. Using those stats to claim otherwise makes you seem like a used car salesman and contradicts what the consensus of this forum seems to have been over the season so far.

You're right, those stats don't tell the full story. Benteke is also a good creator of goals as well as a scorer. You don't get 15 goals in 28 appearances in a crap team if you're not at least a bit clinical.

Imagine if he'd buried some of the sitters he's missed too.

His stats would become frighteningly good

Dawson would be such a crap signing.

Huge fee, huge wages (relative to his ability), nothing more than average abiliy.

He's better than what we've got (apart from Vlaar), but the amount he'd cost us in fees and wages wouldn't be worth it.

Â