Christian Benteke

Kwan

I just hope he stays a few years.

Looking like one of the best signings we've made in a long long time.

Hes the best player Ive ever seen at Villa Park by a country mile. Dwight Yorke was quality, this lad has the has the potential to be at the very very top!

I think if someone approached us I unfortunately think we'll listen to offers as opposed to trying to keep hold.. it's sad but it's how i see it based on the past imo.

I don't see us turning any club away if they are realistically after him in Jan or the summer.

Do me a favour. Do you honestly believe that Lambert would let someone go who he only signed in August. £30m would be the minimum.

We'll certainly have to show a bit of ambition to keep in in the summer and probably offer him a big new contract. Let's just hope he has the patience to stick around. £25m player probably, given his age, and I'd trust Lambert to reinvest that if he did go.

Fair play to the guy, to think after his first 3 or 4 games I didn't think he was ready for the first team. Monster.

villa have always been a selling club, no matter what interest there is, villa always say yes to the first offer, no matter how insulting it is, we might make a bit of profit on some players, dwight yorke being an example, but most, just a joke

i cant see benteke going in january, but if the dirty cheating top 4 came in and say offered, £12m for example, i reckon the villa board would cave in because thats how spineless they are, and then were back to square one

its a sorry situation

on a positive note, what a fu ck ing player he is!

The best part of it all is there appears to be a genuine strike partnership developing between him and Weimann. God knows how long it's been since we have had two strikers on the field who genuinely seem to be in tune with one another, let hope it continues to develop.

• Like 1

It would be nice to think that the board have been won over in regards to transfers. I think its worked out well that our best performer, being Tekkers, is the one that cost us the most money yet has still been a steal for just £7m which is very little compared to the likes of Bent for example.

Lerner needs to trust Lambert's transfer decisions, both incoming and outgoing, and I think he will based on the performances of those that have came in on a whole and not just Tekkers.

i cant see benteke going in january, but if the dirty cheating top 4 came in and say offered, £12m for example, i reckon the villa board would cave in because thats how spineless they are, and then were back to square one

he can't sign for anyone in january. he's already played for 2 teams this season

villa have always been a selling club, no matter what interest there is, villa always say yes to the first offer, no matter how insulting it is, we might make a bit of profit on some players, dwight yorke being an example, but most, just a joke

its a sorry situation

£12 million? Let's not go over board. I'm not going to say we won't sell him or the board wouldn't be tempted by good offers but yes, we sell players but we still get decent prices. £20 million for Downing, £18 million for A.Young (with a single year left on contract!) using the value of Ireland at time, around £25 million for Milner. The board may be too willing to sell at times, (in the case of Milner/Downing I agree) but we'd still be asking £25+ million plus before even contemplating. There is also no way a man like Paul Lambert would accept something, you lose Benteke for a fee like you've posted and Lambert would be out the door as well, rightly so.

• Like 1

£12 million? Let's not go over board. I'm not going to say we won't sell him or the board wouldn't be tempted by good offers but yes, we sell players but we still get decent prices. £20 million for Downing, £18 million for A.Young (with a single year left on contract!) using the value of Ireland at time, around £25 million for Milner. The board may be too willing to sell at times, (in the case of Milner/Downing I agree) but we'd still be asking £25+ million plus before even contemplating. There is also no way a man like Paul Lambert would accept something, you lose Benteke for a fee like you've posted and Lambert would be out the door as well, rightly so.

all the players you mentioned who left wanted to go, not much we could do about it really. if benteke turns billy big balls and decides he wants to go, there'll be **** all we can do about that either. you can't blame the board for that

its not PL who would decide the selling fee though is it? wouldnt it be that useless director whos name i cant remember?

i meant to add in my previous post as well, would probably being sold next summer

its a sorry situation

£10 to Villa Talk if we sell him in January or the summer for less than £20 million.

Sell Bent (or ritually sacrifice him), offer Benteke Bent's wages for a 20 year contract with a buyout clause of one hundred billion pounds. Or half a billion and Lionel Messi.

messi plus ronaldo

Â