Christian Benteke

Kwan

the kid is looking a real prospect. his touch is poor, and he makes bad decisions at times, but christ he's a handful for the opposition

The decision-making and perhaps even the touch are fixable via teaching.

You can't teach height or speed.

I mean, you could teach someone how to run with better technique which might make them faster, but I take your point.

This is brilliant however...

You can't teach height.

:D

I think people are starting to take notice of some of our players. We have the basic back bone to our team. We just need those few players that make things happen. Benteke is showing alot of promise.

2s9dhly.jpg

Every young player has got potential. It's a question of whether they realise that potential or not. Talk of selling him to Man City for £££ is premature as is talking about selling him. I could also have misjudged him thinking that he was a poor signing. We all should just lay off him a little and not put too much pressure on him. The media have already printed stated opinion on VT and I don't want any of our players being affected by that.

Every young player has got potential. It's a question of whether they realise that potential or not. Talk of selling him to Man City for £££ is premature as is talking about selling him. I could also have misjudged him thinking that he was a poor signing. We all should just lay off him a little and not put too much pressure on him. The media have already printed stated opinion on VT and I don't want any of our players being affected by that.

Shameless u-turn - I thought you had the conviction to stand by what you say?

I'd rather think his new fans bigging him up would be a positive, rather than a negative, thing to do.

I'd imagine his new fans questioning his worth and ability would put more pressure on a young foreign player.

That's the kind of thing I worry about our players being affected by.

Like when he controlled the ball before scoring against Norwich?

**** hell, what part of "at times" do you not understand? i said "his touch is poor, and he makes bad decisions at times". i didnt say he had no touch. i like the guy, he's a very good player and he's going to get better, but his touch HAS let him down quite a few times ffs

**** hell, what part of "at times" do you not understand? i said "his touch is poor, and he makes bad decisions at times". i didnt say he had no touch. i like the guy, he's a very good player and he's going to get better, but his touch HAS let him down quite a few times ffs

No you said "when it matters" in the post I responded to, not at times, when it matters. I completely disagree that his touch is poor 'when it matters'.

I'd rather think his new fans bigging him up would be a positive, rather than a negative, thing to do.

I'd imagine his new fans questioning his worth and ability would put more pressure on a young foreign player.

That's the kind of thing I worry about our players being affected by.

Exactly! As stated in my above post i could have been wrong about him but would like to see more before i do a 'shameless u-turn!' :rolleyes:

If we could build a future attack around Benteke then we would be on the right track.... I would wait to see if second season syndrome hits him but Bent looks out of favour and I wouldn't be suprised if DB throws his toys out of the pram as he's not as "indispensable" as he thinks he is and try's to get away in Jan! But for the life of me I bloody love Tekkers :D some reason when he plays he always makes me think we have a chance that either he will create or that he will have himself...

I would wait to see if second season syndrome hits him but Bent looks out of favour and I wouldn't be suprised if DB throws his toys out of the pram as he's not as "indispensable" as he thinks he is and try's to get away in Jan!

He has already done this and it is pretty much set in stone that he will be gone in January.

He has already been done and it is pretty much set in stone that he will be gone in January.

yeah I saw the whole press piece at the start of this but I wonder if its bubbling under at the minute? To be fair if we can get Freddy Zaha and a Winger in (Chadli :D ) then we would be better off and then have a TEAM playing together....

Â